The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The War on Christmas is Over... Christmas Won but only In Canada, Pity

Wetcoaster

Guest Gumballthechewy

Thank Satan, I hate political correctness. I have never said happy hollidays to anyone.

I'm not a Jesus freak but this country is traditionally a Christian country and it celebrates Christmas, you don't have to celebrate Christmas but in Canada this time of year it's Christmas.

And in Canada the War on Christmas is over... and the Harper government has declared Christmas to be the winner. Damn Harper and his hidden agenda.

"There are those who would like to snuff out the holiday spirit in the name of political correctness or expediency," said Minister Clement. "Our Government will not allow the Christmas spirit to be grinched."

http://www.tbs-sct.g...12/1209-eng.asp

And yet again the aspiration of true Quebeckers (you know them as treasonous separatists) are being trampled under the Anglo boot of oppression.

Federal employees have the right to decorate their desks and office spaces as they see fit, reaffirmed Treasury Board President Tony Clement, one year after a Christmas flap saw federal employees banned from decorating their workspaces.

"Whether it’s displaying Christmas cards, putting up tinsel or bringing out a Menorah, federal employees have every right to celebrate the holiday season in the workplace," said Clement.

And that's the message Government of Canada workers can expect to find in their inbox when they arrive to work on Monday morning.

Clement's reminder comes one year after Marc Simoneau, the head of Service Canada in Quebec, directed federal employees in 118 offices in la belle province not to put up holiday decorations in public areas leaving the main Service Canada office in Montreal devoid of any holiday decorations.

That directive set off a political firestorm in the capital with NDP and Liberal MPs from Quebec accusing the Conservatives of issuing a national directive against holiday decorations and "stealing the magic of Christmas."

The incident forced Human Resources Minister Diane Finley to issue a statement saying no national directive had been issued by the federal government and that Service Canada employees were free to celebrate and decorate their offices as they pleased.

"We like Christmas," Finley affirmed during Question Period.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...-christmas.html

Can you prove that in a court of law?

Oh, BTW, Christians didn't "steal" Christmas.

Can you prove that in a court of law?

If not, then stop with the "defamation of character".

BTW2, yes, I know Jesus wasn't born on the 25th, but it's possible that was His day of conception, and yes, I know that some strong (is that the right word) Christians don't celebrate Christmas as they say it's just a Pagan holiday wrapped with a Christian bow. I also know that Christ even said not to celebrate his birth, but to celebrate his death. So the next question is - why do you celebrate Christmas then? Pretty much for the same reason that others do. Difference is, I don't say "pity" or what have you in regards to how anyone else celebrates this time of the season nor any other holiday.

What happened to thou shalt not use personal attacks?

Again, I spoke the truth.

You said "What bothers me about the Christian Church is the way it seek to impose its beliefs on others who want nothing to do with them." and then show a sign that was in front of a church, not on your property.

That's hypocritical - Why? You just imposed your beliefs on others who want nothing to do with them.

Oh, please stop with defamation of character on my pastor as you have never even met him.

That sounds more like something that Fox News would do.

Archived