The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The War on Christmas is Over... Christmas Won but only In Canada, Pity

Wetcoaster

I am personally sick and tired of all the "holiday" crap. When I was growing up we were taught that Christmas was a celebration of the birth of Jesus. We still got presents and made reference to Santa Claus and all that, but that was never the core of the occasion.

Now it seems that many people want to toss Jesus and religion (the parts they dont like) out the window and keep all of which they do like (gifts, celebrating, time off work, etc.), which I think is sad. What is the point then? You can do that in the middle of summer if you dont like Christmas.

Happy Holidays? What is that? How many other holidays are at the end of December?

Call me a jerk or whatever but when somebody says "happy holidays" to me, I politely tell them "thanks, but I dont celebrate the holidays, I celebrate Christmas."

Man:

• a human being of either sex; a person:God cares for all men

• (also Man) [in singular] human beings in general; the human race:places untouched by the ravages of man

• [in singular, with adjective or noun modifier] a type of prehistoric human named after the place where the remains were found:Cro-Magnon man

http://oxforddiction...glish/man?q=man

I have religious friends. I have atheist friends. I love them all and couldn't care less if they want to hear "Merry Christmas", "Blessings" or "Happy Holidays". I just send out different cards. People need to stop worrying so much about changing other people's opinions and just be accepting and kind. I never understood why people can get so incredibly mad and bent out of shape over things like this.

WTF are all you people arguing about?

Christmas has little to nothing to do with religion anymore. It's a cultural thing throughout most of the developed world. Even if it was still religious if one is arguing that it's a christian holiday they have absolutely no concept of christmas as all.

Let people say whatever they want to say. If they think people in general are actually going to be offended then let them be ultra PC and say happy holidays. If hearing happy hollidays instead of merry christmas affects you in any sort of way whatsoever then you're doing it wrong. Actually if anybody finds anything offensive to do with christmas and the holidays they're doing it wrong. Stop bothering everybody else to celebrate like you do. It's not conformitymas.

Happy Hollidays, Merry Christmas, Seasons Greetings, Feliz Navida, Mele Kalikimaka ame Hauoli Makahiki Hou, Merry Keshmish, Boas Festas e Feliz Ano Novo, Nadolig Llawen, STFU.

I am personally sick and tired of all the "holiday" crap. When I was growing up we were taught that Christmas was a celebration of the birth of Jesus. We still got presents and made reference to Santa Claus and all that, but that was never the core of the occasion.

Now it seems that many people want to toss Jesus and religion (the parts they dont like) out the window and keep all of which they do like (gifts, celebrating, time off work, etc.), which I think is sad. What is the point then? You can do that in the middle of summer if you dont like Christmas.

Happy Holidays? What is that? How many other holidays are at the end of December?

Call me a jerk or whatever but when somebody says "happy holidays" to me, I politely tell them "thanks, but I dont celebrate the holidays, I celebrate Christmas."

Guest Gumballthechewy

One thing I noticed on CDC - the atheists are hella aggressive. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around :lol:

Relax, breathe. Merry Christmas.

Make it "anti-Christian" to give gifts and the holiday will revert to its original intent .. a day to celebrate the "birth" of a Supreme Being .. Capitalism will make every effort to subvert ones core tenets in the name of profit .. usury, knoweth thy name ..

Archived