The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Players of All-Time - #38

-AJ-

#38 Player of All-Time  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mikita won a close one with 26.09% of the votes.

Forsberg had 5 nominations last round, no one else had more than one.

Peter Forsberg was added to the list.

Congratulations to Stan Mikita for being named the #37 Player of All-Time!

Please remember to nominate someone to be added to the voting list!

The List:

#1 - Wayne Gretzky

#2 - Mario Lemieux

#3 - Bobby Orr

#4 - Gordie Howe

#5 - Maurice Richard

#6 - Steve Yzerman

#7 - Nicklas Lidstrom

#8 - Doug Harvey

#9 - Joe Sakic

#10 - Patrick Roy

----------------------

#11 - Mark Messier

#12 - Mike Bossy

#13 - Martin Brodeur

#14 - Jean Beliveau

#15 - Ray Bourque

#16 - Jaromir Jagr

#17 - Marcel Dionne

#18 - Bobby Hull

#19 - Paul Coffey

#20 - Dominik Hasek

----------------------

#21 - Brett Hull

#22 - Ron Francis

#23 - Guy Lafleur

#24 - Pavel Bure

#25 - Eddie Shore

#26 - Phil Esposito

#27 - Teemu Selanne

#28 - Denis Potvin

#29 - Terry Sawchuk

#30 - Valeri Kharlamov

----------------------

#31 - Howie Morenz

#32 - Jacques Plante

#33 - Peter Stastny

#34 - Bryan Trottier

#35 - Vladislav Tretiak

#36 - Dale Hawerchuk

#37 - Stan Mikita

I'm gonna vote for Adam Oates this time around. I've considered voting for him for a while and I think it's about time that he get in by now. Renowned for his legendary playmaking, he helped Brett Hull to three consecutive seasons of 70+ goals, including an 86-goal season.

Oates could also score as he showed in the 1992-93 season when he had 45 goals to go with his career high 97 assists for an astonishing 142 points.

Just recently inducted into the Hall of Fame, he is still 6th All-Time in assists and 16th in points.

tumblr_m6nh6meRRa1r87l4oo1_400.jpg

Once again, I'm nominating Bernie "Boom Boom" Geoffrion. A highly underrated star of the 50's and 60's, Geoffrion on was more than just a "good player" in his era.

He was the 2nd player in history to score 50 goals in a season when he did it in 1960-61. His number was retired by the Canadiens (a very high standard) in 2006 just after he died.

normal.jpg?1351650313

I've been nominating so hard to get Forsberg in, and now that he finally is in I have to turn on my previous Fedorov vote.

Voting:

peter+forsberg+foppa+eyes+modo.jpg

Nominating:

t1_sidney.jpg

That's right, I nominate Sid the Kid.

I know some may think this is early, but think about it. His disadvantage is that it his still early in his career, but already he has acomplished more than most of the players and will be in the top 10 (possibly top 5) for sure when he hangs them up (IMO).

- Of his 7 NHL season's he has already had four 100+ point seasons, and the only reason it hasn't been 7 for 7 is injuries, each year he didn't get to 100 he played 50 or less games.

- He has already holds 10 NHL records.

As for acolades he already has a boat load.

- 1 Stanley Cup

- The Olympic Gold Medal

- The Lester B. Pearson award (Ted Lindsey)

- The Hart Trophy

- The Maurice Richard Trophy

- The Art Ross Trophy

- And for what it is worth, he has also won 3 Mark Messier Leadership awards.

Plus all the CHL/QMJHL awards he has (Forget about it we would be here all day listing them off)

And onto of that, just to top off his impressive resume. in his career thus-far he has 609 points in 434 NHL games.

And to top it all off, he is only 25.

Finally, someone else nominating Crosby. I also nominate the Sid the Kid. He's already won more than many people on this list including a Hart, Art Ross, Rocket, Stanley Cup (youngest captain to ever win), Olympic Gold (scored the game winning goal in OT). Crosby also has the 4th highest points per game of any player whose played more than 500 games. The kid deserves to be on this list!

Oh, I voted Kurri again. 3rd most playoff points all time and 20th all time for regular season points, 5 Stanley Cups, 8 time all star, one of only a few players to score 50 goals in 50 games, led league in goals (before the Rocket was awarded).

Archived