8 replies to this topic

#1 Red-Haired_Shanks

Red-Haired_Shanks

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

Vancouver trades D Alex Edler and LW Mason Raymond to St.Louis for RW T.J. Oshie, RW Ty Rattie, and D Ian Cole.

We get a good young forward that can set-up Kesler and Booth, and he is on the upswing of his career so he will see an increase in points. We also get 2 good young prospects to add to our shallow prospect pool. Rattie is a very talented RW, Cole is a big D-man with a good breakout pass that can develop into a good 2nd pairing d-man. i would have included a 1st rounder in this deal instead of Cole but with Edler being a UFA i think his value decreases enough to not let that happen.
STL gets a top pairing d-man to partner up with Pietrangelo and make a great, high offense 1st pairing defense. they also get Raymond to replace Oshie on the depth chart.
NHL! WHY YOU LOCKOUT!

#2 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

If we couldn't re-sign Edler, I'd be all for that.
Not so sure STL would be willing to give up so much for a pending UFA and Raymond though. Cole should be a good bottom pair guy, maybe a decent top 4, and Rattie is looking like he could be a 30 goal 60 point guy. Not to mention Oshie is already a very solid 2nd liner.
One other thing is that at this point Cole is probably worth more to STL then their 1st round pick (which would likely be a very late 1st rounder).

Edited by Jägermeister, 11 December 2012 - 04:31 PM.

Jagermeister.jpg

#3 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Edler will be resigned. Ballard will be given away before they allow Edler to walk.

#4 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Edler will be resigned. Ballard will be given away before they allow Edler to walk.

That's my hope. Giving Edler away and getting Ian Cole back (heard he's solid defensively first and foremost but that won't make up for Alex's production) leaves quite the gap on the back end in terms of scoring. Hopefully MG's priority is to get him signed once the season's back, because even by getting Oshie and Rattie back up front the back end still needs someone of Edler's level to be more balanced. On that note, I doubt Ballard right now, if he were to play in the Top 4, could crack 30 points, and I don't want to gamble with Edler not being around to see if that is indeed Keith's upside. His production and long-term upside are quite important and need to replaced somehow, and getting Cole and two forwards is not how I'd want them to do it.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#5 Wheels22

Wheels22

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:18 AM

If Edler didn't want to sign, I would be perfectly fine with that trade...

Oshie could boost the 2nd line for sure.. and Cole could be a solid D for us. Maybe put Alberts or a cheap signing in for a year until he is NHL ready

#6 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

Doubt St. Louis would do it.

#7 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,098 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

Stl may do something like that if oshie does not grow up soon
Posted Image

#8 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

Doubt St. Louis would do it.

Why? They need a top 2 defenceman to play with Pietriangelo, and Raymond adds some depth to their line-up at LW/RW.

What I would do though, is switch Oshie for Berglund. Before, this get's critiqued, let me just add they have Tarosenko about to join the team, who can fill Berglund's spot at centre. Jaden Schwartz can also play centre if needed.

Van:
C - Patrik Berglund

RW - Ty Rattie

D - Ian Cole

St.Louis:
D- Alex Edler

LW - Mason Raymond

2nd rd pick - 2014

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Rattie
Higgins-Berglund-Kassian
Volpatti-Lapierre-Hansen
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#9 palindrom

palindrom

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

According to the news about Edler injury reports, he may never be back at 100% and never be the player he once was.
Posted Image Was too much for me!

Instead im reading English grammar for advanced dummies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.