The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) Van-STL

Vancouver trades D Alex Edler and LW Mason Raymond to St.Louis for RW T.J. Oshie, RW Ty Rattie, and D Ian Cole.

We get a good young forward that can set-up Kesler and Booth, and he is on the upswing of his career so he will see an increase in points. We also get 2 good young prospects to add to our shallow prospect pool. Rattie is a very talented RW, Cole is a big D-man with a good breakout pass that can develop into a good 2nd pairing d-man. i would have included a 1st rounder in this deal instead of Cole but with Edler being a UFA i think his value decreases enough to not let that happen.

STL gets a top pairing d-man to partner up with Pietrangelo and make a great, high offense 1st pairing defense. they also get Raymond to replace Oshie on the depth chart.

If we couldn't re-sign Edler, I'd be all for that.

Not so sure STL would be willing to give up so much for a pending UFA and Raymond though. Cole should be a good bottom pair guy, maybe a decent top 4, and Rattie is looking like he could be a 30 goal 60 point guy. Not to mention Oshie is already a very solid 2nd liner.

One other thing is that at this point Cole is probably worth more to STL then their 1st round pick (which would likely be a very late 1st rounder).

Archived