The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS THREAD: CHRISTMAS MEDIA EXTRAVANGANZA EDITION

GLASSJAW

These people piss me off.

The poem, attributed to Clement C Moore, includes the line “The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth / And the smoke, it encircled his head like a wreath”. It is often accompanied by a picture of Santa Claus smoking a pipe.

Pamela McColl, a publisher and anti-smoking campaigner, has published a new version of the poem which omitted the lines and is illustrated with images of a smoke-free Santa.

“I just really don’t think Santa should be smoking in the 21st century,” she said.

Ms McColl, who campaigns against the use of smoking in the film industry, came up with the project after seeing images of Santa smoking in children’s books. She said that the images were exposing children to smoking and added: “Santa is the most powerful character in the world…I thought this was a great project.

“The omission of these few words do not change the material intent of the author nor do they infringe on the reader’s understanding or enjoyment of this historically-rich story, but by removing these words we may save lives and avoid influencing new smokers.”

Not gonna lie I hate this time of year, people have lost their minds and their patience, scrambling to loose thousands on useless gifts for a holiday that is completely blown out of proportion. Family, friends and a feast and of course the obvious link to Christianity(even though they have his birthday wrong and God never actually says celebrate his sons birthday) that is all this holiday should be about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwpVBJ7b6VE

For anyone who has the Songza app, make sure you check out their Christmas playlists. They have some good ones. Justin Bieber's rendition of Little Drummer Boy comes with a rap (ft Busta Rhymes) lol...although, it's about giving to charity so I guess that's a good thing!

The first snowfall of the season is making it feel a lot more Christmasey!

Archived