The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 Create a Player

UMB

Can somebody confirm that to be a first time player that is draft eligible in the NHL Entry Draft the player must be born between September 15th, 1994 and September 14th, 1995?

Is this right?

For NHL13 any player you create born in '95 will be 2013 eligible, as will any player born in '93 or '94. Not how it works in real life, but thats how they did it.

Well I'm just testing it out in GM mode but the players aren't showing up under Scouting Report?????

Wha..? How come..? The players are all draft eligible and on their rosters...they haven't been wiped or anything

Sim the draft? Maybe we will randomly appear?

A few weeks ago I did a test with me and Mike Shamrock and all I did was start GM mode and it worked, don't know why it isn't working now

Any other ideas?

I know that when you create a player it automatically puts their pro team as Anaheim. Since they would be considered Anaheim property they won't be able to be drafted. Double check the players and make sure that they have no pro team.

Haha that's exactly what I did! Also you were wrong about all the 2013 draft eligibles having to be born in 1995, my guy Kyle Long is born November 26 and I had to make him 1994 for him to be draft eligible EVEN THOUGH in his player bio it says draft year 2012.... Thanks for helping though!

Haha that's exactly what I did! Also you were wrong about all the 2013 draft eligibles having to be born in 1995, my guy Kyle Long is born November 26 and I had to make him 1994 for him to be draft eligible EVEN THOUGH in his player bio it says draft year 2012.... Thanks for helping though!

Weird, when I tried to create 2014 draft eligible players with late '95 birthdays it always made them 2013 eligible.

Archived