The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Called It

Edler's Mind Tricks

Welp, for worst call, I really don't know... I've embarrassed myself for too many times here that I can't remember. For some reason I vividly remember saying 1+ years ago that I thought Honzik would end up being a solid player in the NHL one day. Guess that's not totally out of the question, but not looking good for him at the moment. Still, can't be my worst call here.

Nothing for best call.

I got so sick of ZOMG Kopitar! I said he'd put up points, but never be a great player. His beast mode in the Stanley Cup run proved me wrong.

Even though I understood why Gillis did it, I said the Ballard trade was a bad call. Not so much losing Grabner but the first round pick. Although Howden is doing roughly the same as Kassian at this point. I think the Canucks would be better off with Howden and Kassian. But oh well....I thought Gillis should have gone with youth, not an expensive vet.

Don't worry TruCanuck I think a lot of people thought Cody would be a Canucks captain one day.

I also said Toronto will rue the day they made the Kessel trade. Boston will just get better and Toronto probably will miss the playoffs whenever the league get's it's act together.

I was convinced Sergei Shirokov would adjust to the NA game and become a top 6 player.

I also thought Yann Sauve was an absolute steal in the 2nd round (still time to prove me right, but not all that likely)

My negative predictions about prospects seem to be better, such as hating the Patrick White pick as soon as we picked him.

I posted once that that Canucks should make a deal to bring a power forward to Vancouver and one of the names I threw in the mix was Kassian. That's probably the closest i've come to calling something. Oh and i called that the Canucks would beat Nashville in 6 and San Jose in 5 on their cup run.

Archived