Considering position; how linemates would complement each other; need for role players (not just all top scorers); etc... what would your roster look like?
Here is a crack at mine, not sure if I forgot anyone important. Keep in mind I am in my early 40's so am biased towards guys who have played in the last 20 years.
Sedin - Sedin - Bure
Naslund – Linden - Tanti
Kesler – Larionov - Bertuzzi
Tiger - Gradin - Smyl
Ohlund - Salo
Lumme – Mitchell
Lidster – Butcher
Bieksa – Babych
- Top line is simply skill... gets put out every offensive faceoff and is 1st unit PP
- 2nd line skilled as well for offence
- 3rd line, steadying influence with some toughness, can handle PK as well as put in a few goals.
- 4th line, energy with skill and ability to drop the gloves
- defence, mix of offence and defensive guys
- goalies... I don't think there is an argument that these are the two guys
*** Edit: forgot about Larionov... he takes Morrison's place on the 3rd line
Edited by Provost, 13 December 2012 - 06:20 PM.