The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] GDT Wolves vs. Bulldogs. 5 PM PST

Ossi Vaananen

Time will tell if Archibald's form is a hot streak or an arrival of a dominant power forward. I'm inclined to think former at this stage as he still seems a bit raw, but this run will be great for his confidence and development. I'm excited to see if Canucks' gamble on Archibald will pay off. But after all the power forwards that have come and gone through the canucks' organization, I thought I would dampen fan's expectations just a little.

Kassian looks inconsistent as is Schroeder. Two players who have shown flashes of greatness and potential, but has yet to be dominant - not as advertised, at least not yet.

Connauton still seems to be at least a year off from the NHL if he ever solves his defensive game. Joslin being Joslin doesn't help either. Why did we sign Joslin again? and Why did we let go Gragnani? I mean, it's not like Grags was a defensive stalwart but I liked what I saw from him last year after the trade deadline. He seemed more ready at least than Connauton offensively and defensively. But what do I know, i'm no scout. But it just doesen't make sense that we trade Hodgson and Sulzer for Kassian and Gragnani and then let one good piece go for nothing and then sign a plug like Joslin.

Tanev seems like the only NHL ready player in that game.

Sweatt has been great, but i think we've also seen at his best already. With not much room for development, what will his career projectory be? Will it be Hansen-like or Ebbett-like or Raymond-like?

Not sure what Arniel's plan is for this team. Is he still trying to figure the team out? Is he getting some input from the Canucks? I ask because some of his coaching decisions have been.... strange.

I think Connauton doesn't know what to do in the defensive zone when joslin is stinking it up so bad. Nauts doesn't have the defensive prowess to cover for his partner AND himself, and that's what he's trying to do, because he doesn't trust Joslin (and rightfully so). he'll never be able to do that, as that isn't his game. he can hold his own, as he proved earlier in the year, but when he suddenly has to do his job AND his partners job, he falls apart. he has to be paired with a stay at home guy like sauve or tanev, not a "what the hell is he trying to do" guy like Joslin.

Since there's no thread for todays game, shall we continue here?

Wolves tied 2-1 in 1st period.

Ebbett with goal, assists tanev!

Sterling with 2nd goal, Connauton assist

Dimitri Filipovic@SoYoureAnExpert

Zack Kassian with a beautiful no-look pass to a trailing Ebbett, that eventually leads to a goal by Sterling. I want more of that, please.

Archived