The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] GDT Wolves vs. Bulldogs. 5 PM PST

Ossi Vaananen

i was just reading through peter andersson's talk thread and i had totally forgotten he played in the WJC. i don't think he was mentioned the other day in the world juniors thread. a lot of people complaining about not having guys in the tourney overlooked him.

Tanev +2

Connauton -2

Tale of 2 very different d-men who really should be at similar development stages, unfortunately Tanev is miles ahead. Connauton has been on a slide last few weeks, also coincides with being paired with Joslin. No coincidence. Playing on his offside doesn't help. That pairing is a certified disaster, has been since day 1.

Although Kass hasn't been putting up pts, you can tell he's working on his defensive game. He's not flying the zone early, he's backchecking more often etc etc. He looked really good on the PK. Also didn't run around taking stupid penalties. The pts will come.

Andersson back from injury looked like he never left. Good positional d-man.

Ebbett just makes me shake my head on most nights.

Archie bunker had a pretty good night as well.

I respect that Kass is learning how to play defense, but not every player is expected to perform at a high defensive level. Kass uses a lot of his energy in the offensive zone crashing the boards and fighting for the puck in the corners. How do u expect him to come rifling back for the back check every single time to break up a play succesfully? I don't think anyone else on the team works as hard as he does in the corners (especially his line mates). He has a lot of offensive skill. The Sedins aren't the best defensive players, but they have Burrows to cover their buts most of the time. I think Kassian does have to learn the defensive game yes, but we should have him paired up with another player that can cover up for him once in a while too as well as feed him the puck. Can anyone say Shroeder?

I respect that Kass is learning how to play defense, but not every player is expected to perform at a high defensive level.  Kass uses a lot of his energy in the offensive zone crashing the boards and fighting for the puck in the corners.  How do u expect him to come rifling back for the back check every single time to break up a play succesfully?  I don't think anyone else on the team works as hard as he does in the corners (especially his line mates).  He has a lot of offensive skill.  The Sedins aren't the best defensive players, but they have Burrows to cover their buts most of the time.  I think Kassian does have to learn the defensive game yes, but we should have him paired up with another player that can cover up for him once in a while too as well as feed him the puck.  Can anyone say Shroeder?

Archived