105 replies to this topic

#91 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,186 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

For an example of rest being great for entering the playoffs, all you have to do is look at how Dave Bolland did against us after sitting all that time out. Another great example would be Forsberg's tremendous 2002 run, in which he sat out the entire regular season.

If a team can afford to sit out a star player for a season and still make the playoffs, then they should try it. (Not that it's on purpose.) Thing is, the Canucks likely can't. The west will be tighter than ever.
Posted Image

#92 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

Over time I'm getting the picture that Kesler doesn't like it all that much in Vancouver. There's always something. Is it AV? Sure he's been injured but what he states and what the club states is always a little off isn't it? There seems to be an underlying level of displeasure in the Kesler camp. Am I the only one getting this feeling?

#93 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

“@sportsnetmurph: RT @dowbboy: Mike Shanahan has proclaimed Ryan Kesler "ready to go".”
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#94 Big Time

Big Time

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Still think Kesler has vastly overstated his injury to ensure he got paid during the lockout. Still have a feeling he'll be back by end of January at latest.

#95 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

“@sportsnetmurph: RT @dowbboy: Mike Shanahan has proclaimed Ryan Kesler "ready to go".”

:lol: That's a good one.

Edited by Where's Wellwood, 07 January 2013 - 01:32 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
My old sig: http://tinypic.com/v...=5#.UlSrrlAWJ7U

#96 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,121 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Already posted and that's a joke after the RG3 injury from the weekend.

Edited by elvis15, 07 January 2013 - 02:00 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#97 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,186 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Forget about Arnott or Langkow taking over. They are pretty much done.
Posted Image

#98 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Already posted and that's a joke after the RG3 injury from the weekend.

*Removed my dick-ish comment*

Edited by Down by the River, 07 January 2013 - 02:41 PM.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#99 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 70,497 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Makes you wonder if Kesler for bobby ryan may make sense? Keslers agent is making a lot of noise which gillis I'm sure doesn't like.

Straight up? No way. We would be pretty weak in the middle.

307mg00.jpg

#100 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Over time I'm getting the picture that Kesler doesn't like it all that much in Vancouver. There's always something. Is it AV? Sure he's been injured but what he states and what the club states is always a little off isn't it? There seems to be an underlying level of displeasure in the Kesler camp. Am I the only one getting this feeling?

What would give you that picture? Kesler was drafted by this organization and he has had huge success here. What in the world gives you the notion that he doesn't like it here? You're over analyzing. The truth is you have no idea what is going through his head so please just stop with the baseless assumptions.
Posted Image

#101 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

I would not put any stock into this at all. This all about his agent making sure that the Canucks are aware that Kesler is "months away" from returning, and thus, needs to continue to be paid during the lockout. It looks good when something like this is reported to the media should someone from the Canucks decide that Kesler is in fact healthy and therefore, deserving of being locked out.

I full expect that if there is an NHL season, Kesler will make a "miraculous" recovery and return much sooner if not immediately upon the start of training camp.

Keep in mind, the timing of Kesler's surgery was also orchestrated by his agent as well. He waited a full two months after the playoffs ended to have surgery, thus ensuring that he would not be ready for the start of the season, and therefore would be able to be paid during the lockout. Kesler has also been very sure to not jeopardize his free pay day by showing up at charity events but playing non-contact roles like coach or referee.

It certainly shows where Kesler's values are. It's all about getting paid, solidarity be damned.

and yet if the NHL announces they reached an agreement and they start the regular season jan 1st, he'll somehow be 100% next week and ready to attend training camp...

BIG SUPRISE!!!!!!!

So Kesler has months and months of rehab to do to be back to 100 percent. Isn't it convenient that he keeps getting paid his full salary this whole time if he says he's injured. Even more convenient that his agent is jumping up and down too.

I guarantee if the lockout ended middle of Janaury, Kesler would be ready within a week. It would be a miracle! But if the season gets canceled, Kesler says he's injured till March or April, the end of the season.

By the way, is Edler still supposedly injured too?

-Jagori

You three owe Kesler an apology.
(shiznak@Jun 17 2008, 08:00 PM)
Kesler was lucky to score 20 this year since the injury to Morrison allowed him to do so.

I doubt Kesler would ever break 15 goals in his career again.

#102 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

i think he's at least a month to 6 weeks away. heard last week that he was NOT close at all from returning and the rumors that he close just not true.
rushing him back would be foolish. better to make sure he returns 100% healthy.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#103 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

rushing him back would be foolish. better to make sure he returns 100% healthy.

Especially if the Canucks aren't struggling.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#104 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,223 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

He has been out for a unusually long time now. I'd just be happy if we get him back for the playoffs now, maybe a couple of weeks before for him to get into game shape. This team can make the playoffs without Kesler, but won't go very far without him.
Posted Image

#105 xWCMx

xWCMx

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

This is the 3rd thread in 5 minutes that I've seen Babych necro-post in, and I'm sure there's more that I haven't caught yet. Give it a break, man!

Edited by xWCMx, 26 January 2013 - 09:47 PM.

Posted Image

Sig removed - inappropriate ^ how was this inappropriate?

#106 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

This is the 3rd thread in 5 minutes that I've seen Babych necro-post in, and I'm sure there's more that I haven't caught yet. Give it a break, man!

I don't think you know what this means. The 3 threads I bumped all concerned the start of this hockey season, which unfortunately was delayed. I bumped them to compare what posters stated regarding what the team would look like / should do for the start of the current season.

If you don't like it, don't post in it. Hopefully you can find a better use of your time than trying to be a mini-mod.
(shiznak@Jun 17 2008, 08:00 PM)
Kesler was lucky to score 20 this year since the injury to Morrison allowed him to do so.

I doubt Kesler would ever break 15 goals in his career again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.