The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Players of All-Time - #39

-AJ-

#39 Player of All-Time  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Forsberg won with 40% of the votes.

Sidney Crosby had 4 nominations and Bernie Geoffrion had 2.

Sidney Crosby was added to the list.

Congratulations to Peter Forsberg for being named the #38 Player of All-Time!

Please remember to nominate someone to be added to the voting list!

The List:

#1 - Wayne Gretzky

#2 - Mario Lemieux

#3 - Bobby Orr

#4 - Gordie Howe

#5 - Maurice Richard

#6 - Steve Yzerman

#7 - Nicklas Lidstrom

#8 - Doug Harvey

#9 - Joe Sakic

#10 - Patrick Roy

----------------------

#11 - Mark Messier

#12 - Mike Bossy

#13 - Martin Brodeur

#14 - Jean Beliveau

#15 - Ray Bourque

#16 - Jaromir Jagr

#17 - Marcel Dionne

#18 - Bobby Hull

#19 - Paul Coffey

#20 - Dominik Hasek

----------------------

#21 - Brett Hull

#22 - Ron Francis

#23 - Guy Lafleur

#24 - Pavel Bure

#25 - Eddie Shore

#26 - Phil Esposito

#27 - Teemu Selanne

#28 - Denis Potvin

#29 - Terry Sawchuk

#30 - Valeri Kharlamov

----------------------

#31 - Howie Morenz

#32 - Jacques Plante

#33 - Peter Stastny

#34 - Bryan Trottier

#35 - Vladislav Tretiak

#36 - Dale Hawerchuk

#37 - Stan Mikita

#38 - Peter Forsberg

If the recent trend holds true Sid might go straight in this round. I'm sticking with my old vote though.

I'm voting for Adam Oates again this time around. I've considered voting for him for a while and I think it's about time that he get in by now. Renowned for his legendary playmaking, he helped Brett Hull to three consecutive seasons of 70+ goals, including an 86-goal season.

Oates could also score as he showed in the 1992-93 season when he had 45 goals to go with his career high 97 assists for an astonishing 142 points.

Just recently inducted into the Hall of Fame, he is still 6th All-Time in assists and 16th in points.

tumblr_m6nh6meRRa1r87l4oo1_400.jpg

For the third consecutive time, I'm nominating Bernie "Boom Boom" Geoffrion. A highly underrated star of the 50's and 60's, Geoffrion on was more than just a "good player" in his era.

He was the 2nd player in history to score 50 goals in a season when he did it in 1960-61. His number was retired by the Canadiens (a very high standard) in 2006 just after he died.

normal.jpg?1351650313

I'm hoping what ajhockey said about the trend happens again which is why i'm...

Voting:

sidney_crosby_39.jpg

Just a brief: in 4 of his 7 NHL season's he has had 100+ Points, the only season's he didn't were because of injuries and at the pace he was at it is safe to say he would most likely would have had 7 100+ Points seasons out of those 7.​

Just as added proof he was actually at such a high pace he currently has 609 Points in 434 NHL Games.

Then there is also the fact that he has won 5 Major NHL awards in 7 seasons. (Keep in mind the Injury plagued years for this too)

And of course a Stanley cup and possibly the biggest goal in Canadian hockey history, atleast in this generation.

Nominating:

leetch.jpg

Yup Brian Leetch.

The HHOFer is widely considered one of the best D-men of all time. He finished his career with 1028 Points in 1205 Games which is very great considering he is a defensemen. He had Five 20 goal seasons aswell as Seven 70+ Point season's including an incredible 102 Point season in 91-92. If the stats aren't enough he also has some good accolades (For a D-man) to back up my nomination which includes:

- 2 Norris Trophies

- A Calder Trophy

- A Conn Smythe (First U.S born player ever to win it)

- 10 All-star games

- Named the Top NY Ranger of all time in the Book 100 Ranger Greats.

- Holds 2 NHL Records

So nominate Leetch!!

Voting Gartner.

Nominating Shanahan.

I hope that trend doesn't continue, Crosby certainly does not deserve to be considered better than any of the other options considering how short his career has been so far. Talent wise maybe, but I think it should be considered by the player's entire career.

I'm hoping what ajhockey said about the trend happens again which is why i'm...

Voting:

sidney_crosby_39.jpg

Just a brief: in 4 of his 7 NHL season's he has had 100+ Points, the only season's he didn't were because of injuries and at the pace he was at it is safe to say he would most likely would have had 7 100+ Points seasons out of those 7.​

Just as added proof he was actually at such a high pace he currently has 609 Points in 434 NHL Games.

Then there is also the fact that he has won 5 Major NHL awards in 7 seasons. (Keep in mind the Injury plagued years for this too)

And of course a Stanley cup and possibly the biggest goal in Canadian hockey history, atleast in this generation.

Nominating:

leetch.jpg

Yup Brian Leetch.

The HHOFer is widely considered one of the best D-men of all time. He finished his career with 1028 Points in 1205 Games which is very great considering he is a defensemen. He had Five 20 goal seasons aswell as Seven 70+ Point season's including an incredible 102 Point season in 91-92. If the stats aren't enough he also has some good accolades (For a D-man) to back up my nomination which includes:

- 2 Norris Trophies

- A Calder Trophy

- A Conn Smythe (First U.S born player ever to win it)

- 10 All-star games

- Named the Top NY Ranger of all time in the Book 100 Ranger Greats.

- Holds 2 NHL Records

So nominate Leetch!!

After trying to get Crosby on the list for so long now I think I kind of have to vote for him. Yup I'm voting for the player with the all time 4th highest PPG of any player who has played more than 500 games, Sid the Kid Crosby.

For my nomination I think it's about time we had another goaltender option to choose from and who better to ad then "Mr. Goalie" himself Glen Hall. Hall was maybe best known for the amount he played as he holds the NHL record for consecutive games by a goalie at 502!! He's also won 3 Vezina trophy's, a Con Smythe, 2 Stanley Cups (plus one more as goalie coach), voted to 11 all-star games, has a Calder, 84 career shutouts, a career GAA of only 2.49, and was listed as #16 on the Hockey New's list of 100 greatest NHL players.

So Sid the Kid and Mr. Goalie, see goalie13 I like nicknames too.

Voting Gartner.

Nominating Shanahan.

I hope that trend doesn't continue, Crosby certainly does not deserve to be considered better than any of the other options considering how short his career has been so far. Talent wise maybe, but I think it should be considered by the player's entire career.

Yet you voted for Gartner. Gartner in his long and admittedly very good career never won a major NHL award, Crosby's already won all 4 of the major individual major awards (Hart, Art Ross, Rocket, and Pearson/Ted Lindsay). Gartner in a 20 year career had one season were he had more than 100pts, Crosby in 7 seasons has had 4 and was on pace in the other 3 years but got hurt. Gartner is known as a goal scorer but only had one 50 goal season, again in 20 years, Crosby's also had one in 7 years. Both are good players but I think Crosby has already shown he is better than many of the people on this list.

After trying to get Crosby on the list for so long now I think I kind of have to vote for him. Yup I'm voting for the player with the all time 4th highest PPG of any player who has played more than 500 games, Sid the Kid Crosby.

For my nomination I think it's about time we had another goaltender option to choose from and who better to ad then "Mr. Goalie" himself Glen Hall. Hall was maybe best known for the amount he played as he holds the NHL record for consecutive games by a goalie at 502!! He's also won 3 Vezina trophy's, a Con Smythe, 2 Stanley Cups (plus one more as goalie coach), voted to 11 all-star games, has a Calder, 84 career shutouts, a career GAA of only 2.49, and was listed as #16 on the Hockey New's list of 100 greatest NHL players.

So Sid the Kid and Mr. Goalie, see goalie13 I like nicknames too.

Archived