Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Southpop45

Is Kassians lack of scoring in the AHL a cause for concern?

109 members have voted

1. 1. is kassian lack of production concerning you about is development so far?

• Yes, he should be dominating down there and he is not
    • No, he is just off to a rough start and its no cause for concern

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

152 posts in this topic

so just wondering what everyone else is thinking about this. zack was suppose to go down to the ahl and just tear it apart. as of right now hes been okay but not great. now while he has shown flashes of dominance at times (abbotsford games), 12 points in 20 games in the AHL isnt what canucks fans were hoping for, so lets just hope he is off to a slow start. what do you guys think?

Well he had a decent start, but he hasnt been putting up numbers for awhile now. It is a bit concerning, but we'll see how the rest of the season plays out.

Right now I would not call him up if the season was to start.

i'm not that concerned with the number of points he's putting up. i'm more concerned that he still remains an inconsistent player. we've all seen flashes of brilliance even at the NHL level. the biggest problem with him (since buffalo and rochester) was that he just would not show up or be invisible for stretches of the game. he needs to learn to play more consistent at the ahl level.

So he's not the answer to our first line anymore? His inconsistency has been the book on him, I was a little concerned when we got him because motivation is almost impossible to teach. I see him as a third or forth line player on the Canucks. The real problem is because of the expectations that are being put on him (and I have no idea where these expectations come from) he will probably be viewed as a frailer when in fact there is nothing wrong with being a third or forth line player. May not have been the best trade but that's hardly his fault.

Edit: you should add a third option to the poll, something like. "No the expectations were just to high for him"

So he's not the answer to our first line anymore? His inconsistency has been the book on him, I was a little concerned when we got him because motivation is almost impossible to teach. I see him as a third or forth line player on the Canucks. The real problem is because of the expectations that are being put on him (and I have no idea where these expectations come from) he will probably be viewed as a frailer when in fact there is nothing wrong with being a third or forth line player. May not have been the best trade but that's hardly his fault.

Edit: you should add a third option to the poll, something like. "No the expectations were just to high for him"

Well he had a decent start, but he hasnt been putting up numbers for awhile now. It is a bit concerning, but we'll see how the rest of the season plays out.

Right now I would not call him up if the season was to start.

This is why one actually watches hockey games because stats don't tell the whole story. For example, he had, at least, 2 perfectly good waved off goals this season. It should also be noted that we are not a particularly high scoring team at this point in the season.

This being said, he has dropped off lately and not been looking that great but then again neither has the rest of the team. Give it time, he is still so young and has many lessons to learn.

Playing with the Sedins will make him produce. Exhibit A, Alex Burrows.

Kassian with his size, can drive to the net, open space for the Sedins, pot the garbage goals around the crease, and finish from the Sedins setting up and he will stick up for the Sedins.

What do you expect when he's playing with bums? PWF's need to play with good players to produce.

The wolves are a low scoring team, the coach doesn't know how to use him properly, he often plays with linemates that are not on the same skill level as him, and he has had a few disallowed goals this year that should have counted. That is all.

wow ur lucky the team you support won the presidents trophy 2 years running. what a pesemist.

Is there cause for concern ?

maybe

He might be getting first line minutes, but he isn't playing with first line talent. Wolves as a team are low scoring. Kass will be fine. Everything will be fine.

Yes. We need more from him. Great players make everyone around them better. Kass has that potential and the wolves have nobody else who has this attribute. They all have skill in their own rights, but together as a group they look disinterested at times and inconsistent so often. I think the real numbers we should be talking about are plus minus. If your gonna be a good player in the NHL on any line being responsible defensively is soo important.

Have we accounted the possibility he is attempting to learn different angles? Look at ovechkin, his point totals suffered due to him honing in on becoming better defensively.

Well it may cause a little concern but at the same time, he can't do it all by himself in the AHL. While the lack of production is a tad concerning we should expect him to go out every night a be able to carry the Wolves and be lighting everyone up. It needs to be a team effort not just Kassian.

The lack of the point production from the entire Wolves roster should be concerning.

His production clearly isn't great, but there's much more the story than points. Maybe he's just having bad puck luck, maybe his linemates suck, maybe his team is sucking. Also how is he doing away from the puck? Is he being physical and playing well defensively? It's hard to tell how someone is doing just based on stats without watching the game. Everyone goes through a slump once in a while, it's only 20 games in so there's plenty of time to pick up the production.