The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Kassians lack of scoring in the AHL a cause for concern?

Southpop45

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ah,no De Niro.

Stats are stats.

When Kas is on it he plays well.

Still,he takes his team down shorthanded with penalties on a maximum level basis.

If Kas was that good he would be leading the AHL as Hodgson did.

Kas has great promise but is inconsistent.He is immature and has issues.One set of issues for another set.Great move,huh?

Hodgson was effectively consistent on the Nucks and with Rochester.

Ah,no De Niro.

Stats are stats.

When Kas is on it he plays well.

Still,he takes his team down shorthanded with penalties on a maximum level basis.

If Kas was that good he would be leading the AHL as Hodgson did.

Kas has great promise but is inconsistent.He is immature and has issues.One set of issues for another set.Great move,huh?

Hodgson was effectively consistent on the Nucks and with Rochester.

"center man on the league's top scoring line"

That tells you all you need to know. Rochester is a way better team because Buffalo has much better prospects than us. Hodgson has Foligno, who does Kassian have? Ebbett? Sterling? Haydar? These guys have all been pretty average so far this season.

Oh, and Hodgson is a year older, so this continuous comparison of the two doesn't mean anything.

That's very dramatic Nuck Nit.

What is a "maximum level basis"?

Kassian had 31 pm in 30 games in Rochester last year, 51 in 57 NHL games, and 55 pim in 22 games this season in Chicago, in large part due to the fact that he has his share of fighting majors as players unwittingly attempt to take the opportunity to show what they're made of by taking him on. Despite that, he still has a mere 2.5 pm/game with a significant portion of those being offsetting majors. Your axe to grind is causing you to embellish, as usual, to try to make a point.

I'm sure Gillis et al are soiling their pants, buying boxes of Depends from PJ Stock, and cases of Monkey Shoulder Scotch for fear that Kassian is showing imminent signs of bust... while Regehr and Ruff were popping the champagne in Buffalo every game to season's end, thrilled to no limit with their rookie center.

Kassian was a PPG player the same as Hodgson on the same Rochester team, except he was 2 years younger at the time. Hodgson was only a 0.6 PPG player at that age because he was on the Moose, not the Americans.

If Hodgson were on the Wolves last season instead of the Canucks, I bet he would have put up the same 0.6 PPG pace as Kassian. The Wolves are just not a highly talented high scoring team like the Americans, that's the difference.

The trade between Hodgson and Kassian may be slightly more points from Hodgson, but mostly we're getting a player that's grittier and less disciplined, but he doesn't get pushed around and beaten on the boards like Hodgson did. That's what we need for the playoffs.

Says the guy who probably has limited knowledge of him, and has based his entire opinion on last seasons small sample.

Whatever I'll sit back like I have with people who said Grabner was no good, and people who said Hodgson was no good. And I'll just shake my head when they become great players before everyone's eyes. :picard:

I'm surprised people are having this reaction after Kassian put up two points last game. Usually prospects only get called out when they have one bad game...

I don`t know. These Hodgson fan boys just can`t let it go.

They keep trying to compare the two now, like it even matters. Wait until these guys have played a few seasons in the NHL, then compare them. Until then shut up already.

Wow what a stupid stupid post.

I guess we can't compare Huberdeau to RNH or Reinhart to Rielly or any other player early on in his career :rolleyes: Hodgson and Kassian have both played in the NHL and many seasons of juniors, plus junior tournaments therefore they can be compared because they are both hockey players.

In your logic why bother comparing any junior players? Its a wonder why NHL teams do :rolleyes: they should just throw darts at a wall of draft eligible players and see who pans out after they've played a few seasons in the NHL.

They would save so much money in scouting if they just listened to you DeNiro, hell there probably wouldn't even be a lockout without all that extra payroll. :picard:

Damn if only everyone listened closely to your inane ramblings we would be watching some Canuck hockey tonight!

i would like to bet it does not matter who is better but who will have a longer NHL career ....

i am going to put my money on kass..

he might not put up more points in one season but i bet he will have a longer career putting up almost as many points.

plus CoHo was a nuck that needed to go.

Typical of this forum over 60% voting yes :sadno: . Like some have written already the team as a whole is struggling; Kassian, like some have also written, is a player who makes room for the other players to capitalize on. The Chigaco Wolves are not a highly skilled team to begin with, and therefore, there is no one to complement Kassian's skill set. I think Jensen would,will, be the perfect player to complement kassian :towel: .

Wow what a stupid stupid post.

I guess we can't compare Huberdeau to RNH or Reinhart to Rielly or any other player early on in his career :rolleyes: Hodgson and Kassian have both played in the NHL and many seasons of juniors, plus junior tournaments therefore they can be compared because they are both hockey players.

In your logic why bother comparing any junior players? Its a wonder why NHL teams do :rolleyes: they should just throw darts at a wall of draft eligible players and see who pans out after they've played a few seasons in the NHL.

They would save so much money in scouting if they just listened to you DeNiro, hell there probably wouldn't even be a lockout without all that extra payroll. :picard:

Damn if only everyone listened closely to your inane ramblings we would be watching some Canuck hockey tonight!

Archived