The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is there any NHL potential left in Darren Archibald?

Southpop45

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think he will either play top 6 or not make the NHL at all. He's still got a lot of work to do to cut it as top 6.

His skating has improved vastly, but is still not fit for NHL duties. Also not sure if his understanding of the game is on par with the speed of the NHL. The only thing he has going for him is his size and good set of hands for his size, which as you mention, is something you just can't teach.

If he continues to develop his game and he maintains his tough and rough style of play, the gamble may pay off. He has always been a raw project, and he remains a project, albeit much improved version from last year.

He had 1 point in 20 AHL games, so if that doesn't make him a long-term project at best I wouldn't know what else to call him; I think his upside would be (and I'd be happy with him as an) offensive 3rd liner/ physical 4th liner in the NHL, and if he develops properly he could also be a strong net presence with his size (if he makes it in the first place)

He had 1 point in 20 AHL games, so if that doesn't make him a long-term project at best I wouldn't know what else to call him; I think his upside would be (and I'd be happy with him as an) offensive 3rd liner/ physical 4th liner in the NHL, and if he develops properly he could also be a strong net presence with his size (if he makes it in the first place)

At first it looked like he might make it as a 3rd or 4th liner, but things are more grim for him now. I guess he has moved up a league as he was in the ECHL. Now, not only is he in the AHL, he's performing quite well. Maybe if things go well he might get like 10-50 games in his NHL career as a 4th liner/extra forward for toughness.

Archived