The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bettman cup presentation

buscarud

Not neccessarily a cup winner, but at least a hall of famer, I'd have no objections to Darryl Sittler, Marcel Dionne or Tony Esposito handing it out, imagine the roar of Dionne who toiled so long for L.A and never came close to the Cup, presented the cup to the Kings last season. Or Darryl Sittler or Mats Sundin if the Leafs win it.

Not neccessarily a cup winner, but at least a hall of famer, I'd have no objections to Darryl Sittler, Marcel Dionne or Tony Esposito handing it out, imagine the roar of Dionne who toiled so long for L.A and never came close to the Cup, presented the cup to the Kings last season. Or Darryl Sittler or Mats Sundin if the Leafs win it.

If anything just let the one player who holds pretty much all the NHL records and who made hockey in the 80's and 90's Wayne Gretzky. I may not like the guy, but I can't argue the fact he is the best player to play the game in his era. Plus the points he put up, you can't even argue he deserves it more than anyone, he is Mr. hockey in my opinion.

I still think Mario Lemieux if was healthy all his career would of been the only player to ever beat Gretzkys records, Lemieux was that great. Unfortunately he was injured and never could beat the records, so I have to go with Gretzky to hand out the Stanley Cup he does deserve it, he made the NHL stay successful especially in the 80's.

last captain or a hall of famer would be sweet... it has to be a previous winner though to keep the sacredness. you dont get to touch it unless you earned it and i bet you Linden would agree.

at least its not football, where they hand it to the owner

Archived