The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

27 Dead in Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

Jägermeister

Gun violence in Canada and other countries with gun control laws < Gun violence in the US.

Firearm related death per capita rates are 2 times higher in the US than in Canada.

I wonder why that is? I bet it has something to do with the fact that you can buy a gun at superstores, or get a free one when you sign up for a bank account.

But you can go ahead and ignore all the logic and statistics if it makes you feel better.

I have no idea how we arrived at this point, but oh well.

The fact is that a knife is a household item (a "necessity" for a lot of people) so completely banning them isn't possible. A gun is far more powerful, far more dangerous and should not be available to your average Joe. Banning firearms is completely different.

I usually like your posts but what you just posted sounds like you watched Bowling For Columbine and formed your opinion solely on this.

What makes it stupid?

Bearing arms are (for good reason) a constitutional US right.

Criminals don't follow laws.

Gun control only limits those who follow the law. At best it limits accidents from careless law abiding citizens -- this is no accident.

It's not a deterrent to people that would go to a school and kill others.

The real problem has nothing to do with guns, these people would kill others by any means.. the question is why America (US) has such a high incidence of events like these. It is far more to do with a mindset than anything. Americans immediately jump to a divisive issue like gun control when something like this happens, it's like people are programmed in that country to get sidetracked. When something like this happens you get to the bottom of why it happened.. overreacting and going to gun control, or finding some band or movie or game a person played to blame is not a solution.

What makes it stupid?

Bearing arms are (for good reason) a constitutional US right.

Criminals don't follow laws.

Gun control only limits those who follow the law. At best it limits accidents from careless law abiding citizens -- this incident is no accident, gun control laws are irrelevant to this issue.

It's not a deterrent to people that would go to a school and kill others.

The real problem has nothing to do with guns, these people would kill others by any means.. the question is why America (US) has such a high incidence of events like these. It is far more to do with a mindset than anything. Americans immediately jump to a divisive issue like gun control when something like this happens, it's like people are programmed in that country to get sidetracked. When something like this happens you get to the bottom of why it happened.. overreacting and going to gun control, or finding some band or movie or game a person played to blame is not a solution.

To me the issue is why Americans find killing others is an okay solution to a problem, and/or what mental problems are behind such actions.

Archived