The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

27 Dead in Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

Jägermeister

You don't get what I'm saying do you.

You were saying instead of doing something about the gun issue why don't we care more about the amount of kids who die in automobile accidents right?Correct me if I'm wrong.

There are already many laws and previsions in place to reduce the amounts of deaths in car accidents. There isn't nearly enough done to prevent deaths due to gun violence.

There's a reason why its called a car ACCIDENT

and what happened today wasn't an accident it was MURDER

that's why this is getting attention and that's why more should be done to prevent this from happening again.

I know, I was here earlier today in this thread with several others calling someone out on their inane idea that Facebook and Twitter are the root cause of incidents like this. Apparently THAT was unacceptable but pages and pages of gun control debate is somehow deemed acceptable. Yes, everyone copes in their own way yet it appears that some are more acceptable ways to cope than others.

Anyone with children in their family is hurting today, even those who don't have close ties with children. Yet despite that, we have pages and pages of gun control debate in a thread created to discuss innocent children and several adults who were murdered shortly after getting to school this morning.

Perhaps those of us involved in that other debate should just bring it back in here despite the fact we respected the thread topic and took it elsewhere. It seems to be the trend in here.

I have children. I weigh in on the gun debate over and over because I still hope that the "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" crowd will wake up and do something about it.

I'm trying to do what I can to keep this same thing from happening to more innocent children. I can't think of a better way to honor the ones lost this time around.

Then perhaps gun control debate should have it's own ongoing thread. It shouldn't be tainting threads like this one.

And after all the gun control debates there have been on this board, it's still the same people having the same debate. You're preaching to the same choir, Rupert. Should there be debate? Debate away.....but perhaps it should be in it's own thread. Count back and see just how many of the last posts have even mentioned the thread topic. Not many, right?

Then perhaps gun control debate should have it's own ongoing thread. It shouldn't be tainting threads like this one.

And after all the gun control debates there have been on this board, it's still the same people having the same debate. You're preaching to the same choir, Rupert. Should there be debate? Debate away.....but perhaps it should be in it's own thread. Count back and see just how many of the last posts have even mentioned the thread topic. Not many, right?

I can't even imagine what was going on in the heads of those innocent children. :(

I was walking to school this morning and there was entire class of i think kinder gardeners walking to our school to watch a play. They were so cute and excited; they put a big smile on my face. It breaks my heart to think how somewhere else kids the exact same age where terrified and massacred

And the survivors also. Imagine how scared they must be just to go back to school. This is devastating for adults; think how kinder gardeners who went through the unimaginable are feeling at this moment.

R.I.P.

I admire your zeal to get people to focus on the victims Bertuzzi Babe. But people are discussing parts of the root cause, so it is related.

Making sure those children do not die in vain is important. The families, friends of the victims are all hurting. I got choked up watching the news. It's horrendous. Those folks are going to be needing a lot of help and their lives will never be the same.

The fact on the same day a man with a knife attacked 22 kids in a school in China shows these are symptoms of deeper problems.

The supermod who was in the thread at the time did not agree with you and allowed that particular discussion to continue. The discussion ended because a few of us realized after a terse comment from another user that it was disrespecting the thread topic and the discussion moved to a thread of it's own. That discussion could have continued in here further disrespecting the thread topic but it didn't. Instead, this thread has turned into a thread about gun control.....a topic debated ad nauseum on this board in other threads over the years. As I said earlier, just rename it as it is no longer about the original topic anyway.

I admire your zeal to get people to focus on the victims Bertuzzi Babe. But people are discussing parts of the root cause, so it is related.

Making sure those children do not die in vain is important. The families, friends of the victims are all hurting. I got choked up watching the news. It's horrendous. Those folks are going to be needing a lot of help and their lives will never be the same.

The fact on the same day a man with a knife attacked 22 kids in a school in China shows these are symptoms of deeper problems.

I've been through a myriad of emotions today. Having a 7 year old girl, this hit me pretty hard. I try really hard not to think about those last moments, but I can't help it. The horror those little kids witnessed is just nauseating. They're so innocent and helpless and didn't stand a chance. Which makes me really freaking angry. It's times like this that I wish I were religious and this FRACKING coward would rot in hell for all of eternity!!! But no, he's in an eternal sleep(IMO, not trying to bring back the god debate) while so many are grieving....a grief that no parent/person should feel. And I commend Obama for putting into words what most of us are thinking/feeling(for the second time this week). I hope that he can get the wheels in motion for some real "change" because this is getting rediculous.

RIP to all the victims. My family and I are thinking about all those affected by this and hope they can stay strong and get through this.

Archived