The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

27 Dead in Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

Jägermeister

I hate to be a detail bitch, but, nothing has been "confirmed" yet. I am watching this on multiple channels and, until the police officials have spoken with details, nothing has been confirmed. There are all sorts of different details on the TV.

RIP, kiddos.

That is absolutely devastating. An Elementary school for crap's sake. Why?! What have those kids and teachers done to anyone?! I just can't imagine that while I was out getting in an early morning tennis session, there were kids being shot and killed for no reason in a part of the world that is not too far from us. We are all linked because the world is a small place. It hurts to hear stuff like this.

This incident will no doubt bring up the gun control debate, as it should, but I think that the only real thing to do right now is to pray. And if you don't believe in prayer, just think of the victims. It's all we can do. Think of them, pray for them, and hope that they make it through this.

RIP

somebody please tell me why this always happen in USA?

USA is so worried about "send the power of freedom" to other countries, invade or supply with more and more weapons who needs weapons. use the most advanced equipments and weapons to take the control of whatever they want...

but, buy a gun is very, very easy. you can buy one at Wallmart! and it´s so easy to get a license! they don´t check your behaviour, they don´t do any psychiatric assessment or any other test. you just need be American and over 18...

a nice and decent person will use a gun only to self protection or to protect some inocent person from any attack...

a maniac will use a gun to do any S#%$%¨that comes to his mind...

perhaps its time to change these rules...

The civilian rifle ownership laws should be simple. Just sound it out.

Boom. Reload. Click-clack. Aim. Boom: Allowed.

'Ratatatatatatatatatatat': No way in hell.

'Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom.': Currently allowed. But why? Are you providing supressing fire while your hunter buddies are flanking to the right of the moose ahead?

The justification by gun companies like Bushmaster is paper-thin. The 223 is basically a slightly toned-down version of the M-16. Apparently you need that in case a neighborhood dog turns on you. M'kay...

:sadno: So freaking sad... I just hope for the families sake that questions will be answered on why their child was killed in such cold blood and for no reason.

I just pray that this shooting didn't happen because of the one a few days ago... and that this one won't spark an even worse one. This is going to keep happening until America gives it's heads a shake.

My Thoughts go out to those who have been affected by this horrible act. :(

I'm willing to bet we'll still hear people there going on about the "right to bear arms" after today.

You shouldn't have that right. No ordinary civilian should have the right to own a weapon capable of causing this much destruction. That sort of weapon belongs in the military and should stay there.

It's already happening.

In the "comments" section of the Sky News website, there are posts trumpeting the same old tired, ridiculous lines: "Guns don't kill people, people kill people", "lots of people have guns and they don't go around shooting up schools", "a gun isn't dangerous until it's in the hands of a person"...etc., etc...

It's baffling how people can't see the correlation between a gun-happy country and leading the universe in mass shootings.

It's already happening.

In the "comments" section of the Sky News website, there are posts trumpeting the same old tired, ridiculous lines: "Guns don't kill people, people kill people", "lots of people have guns and they don't go around shooting up schools", "a gun isn't dangerous until it's in the hands of a person"...etc., etc...

It's baffling how people can't see the correlation between a gun-happy country and leading the universe in mass shootings.

Archived