The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

27 Dead in Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

Jägermeister

The Oklahoma city bombing was suspicious, as was 9-11 with its terrorists passports managing to survive the crash, collapse and fires and the rest.

Among other, how was McVeigh the yokel able to construct such a huge and effective IED without training like that?

If it were that easy to do you'd see everybody from the Hills have Eyes Militia to the Mexican Cartels building them, instead of just a few elite terrorist groups with world class bomb makers like Hizballah or the IRA.

The Oklahoma city bombing was suspicious, as was 9-11 with its terrorists passports managing to survive the crash, collapse and fires and the rest.

Among other, how was McVeigh the yokel able to construct such a huge and effective IED without training like that?

If it were that easy to do you'd see everybody from the Hills have Eyes Militia to the Mexican Cartels building them, instead of just a few elite terrorist groups with world class bomb makers like Hizballah or the IRA.

The American populace isn't going to sever one of their constitutional rights because a President who is poignant with a speech makes a statement, nor because some random people naively believe Americans have no legitimate (and just as logically.. legal) use for a gun.

But allowing people to own them is the solution? Alrighty then. The Americans already gave up some of their freedom after 9/11 because of safety issues yet they can't let go of their precious guns when incidents like these occur on a daily basis. Removal of weapons or stricter gun laws might not be the "magical solution" but at the very least it is something, right? You didn't hear Obama's speech tonight?

But allowing people to own them is the solution? Alrighty then. The Americans already gave up some of their freedom after 9/11 because of safety issues yet they can't let go of their precious guns when incidents like these occur on a daily basis. Removal of weapons or stricter gun laws might not be the "magical solution" but at the very least it is something, right? You didn't hear Obama's speech tonight?

What you call "allowing them" is a right. They're not allowed to own guns, they have a right to own them, even if . The usage of guns to revolt against tyrannical government was essential to forming the US government, hence why the right to bear arms is a right. They understood when you give individual rights up to government there is no one to stop them. If government is afraid of citizens bearing arms then it's most certainly a good thing. What's worrisome to me is the paranoia of Americans surrounding each other. Even with the lunatics in San Francisco I didn't feel compelled to buy a gun. However, I most certainly understand those who did, and they'd be in a better position of protecting themselves than I would solely relying on the police to get there to save me in time if I couldn't escape.

Anyhow, I listened to a few minutes of his speech but took the opportunity to shower.. I missed a 49ers touchdown. i r disappoint. :(

I was actually watching CNN, so it didn't bother me that I was watching a news program and they showed more news.

That's because Americans fall into a logic trap in believing giving up some rights they personally don't see they need is justifiable. Since 9/11 it's mainly the first and fourth amendment rights that have taken a hit. It's disgusting.

Sadly they cut from the 49ers game to show this. :(

Sometimes there are things in this world that are of far greater significance than a football game. We can't do anything to bring back the victims and we can't ease the pain of their families. But we can certainly take a moment to remember them and say a prayer for them.

Here we go again, with the tyrannical government BS. It seems like you don't even care about these current events and only care about what is important to you. Your priorities are out of whack if the game was more important to you than what the President is saying at this crucial time. There are more important things in life than a dumb NFL game.

Archived