The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

27 Dead in Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

Jägermeister

you're right, i am infinitely more concerned with my immediate surroundings than trying to project my own interests and political ideas onto a country that i'm not even a citizen of

but in the meantime, the next time you hype up Scotland's efforts to thwart violence, add in a footnote about the knife violence that has lined Glasgow's streets for the bulk of the 2000s

you're right, i am infinitely more concerned with my immediate surroundings than trying to project my own interests and political ideas onto a country that i'm not even a citizen of

but in the meantime, the next time you hype up Scotland's efforts to thwart violence, add in a footnote about the knife violence that has lined Glasgow's streets for the bulk of the 2000s

You said a post was stupid. I said a different post was stupid. Even steven there.

BB responded by suggesting that I kick animals, emotionally abuse children, and hate christmas... because I think her post was stupid?

My response to that was pretty tame, I think, and very obviously not giving her exaggerated comment any credence beyond acknowledging that she saw clearly for a moment to type it.

Weak trolling on my part, if that's the diagnosis

We're not "projecting our own interests" FWIW. The rest of the civilized world is just wondering what's taking y'all so long to clue in to a great many things we already figured out. Also, how much longer you're going to collectively bury your heads in the sand to science, data, facts etc and actually start making positive changes to correct long standing and ever worsening issues.

Guest Gumballthechewy

BB responded by suggesting that I kick animals, emotionally abuse children, and hate christmas... because I think her post was stupid?

Firstof all, no-one is talking about "outlawing" guns. We're talking about certain kinds of guns, such as the assault rifle used by Adam Lanza.

You know, the legally purchased weapon that a 20 year-old who lived in his mom's basement used to kill 20 children and 6 adults?

No-one believes that a ban on assault rifles will magically eliminate all shooting sprees. We're just hoping to stop some of them, or lessen the body count in the ones that do happen.

Yes, but I didn't have to go through anybody to do it. I quoted his post on my own, I didn't drag anybody into it.

Besides I'm don't mind if people are for guns, as long as they have intelligent arguments for it.

Simple lines like: "durpa durpa, if we outlaw guns then people gunna still get killed hurpa durp" don't work on me.

Why just assault rifles? you get 2 pistols with a 15 round clip that's potentially 30 people you can kill.

People have yet to figure out that things like this, drug addiction etc are medical issues, not gun control/law issues. Outlawing guns won't work any better on this than the war on drugs worked for that. People are the issue, not inanimate objects/substances. You're never going to get rid of mental illness, addiction etc. What we need to do is better identify and treat them. Minimize their harm and costs to society.

inb4 i get flamed again for having a different view on gun control

Why just assault rifles? you get 2 pistols with a 15 round clip that's potentially 30 people you can kill.

People have yet to figure out that things like this, drug addiction etc are medical issues, not gun control/law issues. Outlawing guns won't work any better on this than the war on drugs worked for that. People are the issue, not inanimate objects/substances. You're never going to get rid of mental illness, addiction etc. What we need to do is better identify and treat them. Minimize their harm and costs to society.

That's just the kind of stupidy common sense can't break through. You have a lot of killing sprees, you could drastically reduce the number of deaths with intelligent gun control ... but no lets just take the path of least resistence and let it even itself out ... cause maybe we can teach people in about 20 years. Ei yi yi.

Anyone that doesn't understand how much harder it would be too kill people without these weapons, and the import of saving as much as possible is beyond understanding.

Archived