The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

27 Dead in Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

Jägermeister

In this world, being on a level playing field beats the heck out of having the deck stacked against you, whether its personal defense or some other thing.

If there's one thing true of human society, its that its better to deal from a position of strength, or at least general equality, rather than of weakness.

Yeah, and I can find an article where a kid shot a kid by accident. So what.

You're suggesting people should have guns to protect themselves from other people who have guns. How is it not logical to then suggest everyone should have a gun in order to protect themselves from everyone else?

The bigger picture is the disgusting fear based society you appear to live in. You're so scared of everyone around you you need to have a gun to protect yourself from some potential boogeyman. That's frackedup.

Newsflash: I don't own a gun, I'm not scared of any boogeyman, but thanks for yet another awful presumption devoid of reality.

It is not logical to suggest everyone should have a gun because not everyone can use one correctly or even responsibly.

You are really bad at this putting words in people's mouth thing.. oh, and basing your arguments on the real world.

Ok, so play this one out for me then. I have a gun, so you get a gun to protect yourself from the threat of me. Now I see you have a gun, so I get two. So you get two, so I get rocket launcher, so you get one, so I get grenades, so you get some,etc....Where does it end?

It certainly seems that way. Unfortunately, as this very thread shows, brains are in short supply south of the 49th.

You mean "the 2nd amendment and a bunch of brain-dead, paranoid rednecks who can't figure out that a 200 year-old document doesn't have the same relevance that it had when it was written", say otherwise.

Not even in the same universe as the number of people, children included, that have been killed either inadvertently, or in the heat of the moment, because there happened to be a gun within easy reach.

The main reason for the 2nd Amendment is to give you teeth in the face of a tyrannical government, personal defense is a secondary issue.

And being proactive, not passive, in the face of possible threats is not a sign of fear.

Archived