The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

27 Dead in Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

Jägermeister

Well it seems what everyone does outside of US is irrelevant. They just march to their own beat and could care less what the outside world does. It is such a backward mentality that its amazing they are considered a first world country. Some of their cities look worse than a third world country.

Ok, so wouldn't you think a more logical solution than tight gun control laws may be to require anyone who is buying a gun for the first time to pass a gun-safety exam or at the very least a psychological one? You cannot blame the guns themselves for the inadvertent deaths of these people...you can however blame the incompetent parents who fail to make sure their children can't get ahold of said guns.

If you'd been following this thread from the beginning, you'd know that I advocate restrictions on certain types of weapons and certain types of ammunition, other than an outright ban on guns. Exams and background checks should certainly be part of the process, but IMO, they are not adequate on their own.

Where is "freedom of speech" mentioned in the 2nd amendment?

Also, the old "If you take away our bazookas, next you'll be after our hunting rifles" is one of the most trite, weak arguments extant.

Well it seems what everyone does outside of US is irrelevant. They just march to their own beat and could care less what the outside world does. It is such a backward mentality that its amazing they are considered a first world country. Some of their cities look worse than a third world country.

And what makes you think armed citizens are the sole reason why some of their rights haven't been thrown out by the government? Fact of the matter is that there has been more strict control of the internet by the US government and their "armed" citizens haven't done crap. The government has taken away some right and the Americans haven't done anything with their guns. What are they going to do? March to White house with their guns and say don't take away our rights? Hilarious!

What's hilarious is you have no idea how bat*** insane these gun nuts down here are...the ones who aren't talking about secession are talking about an armed revolution. It would probably not be wise to piss any of these people, including the NRA, off. I want you to point to the part of that post where I made the statement "armed citizens are the sole reason" for anything? Putting words in my mouth now, are you?

I have to say, you have me really confused......on one hand you speak of "these people", have a picture of Garcia on your profile, but on the other hand, you seem to be a bit of a zealot when it comes to talking about the second amendment...........I'm not sure what side fo the fence you're sitting on.

What's with the straight face comment, Stawns? MM's point is a valid one. When the long gun registry in Canada was first being discussed and was then enacted, these exact same sentiments were being echoed by the legitimate Canadian gun owners. The hunters, the competitive shooters, trap and skeet shooters.....I was on the front lines of the whole long gun registry issues and those who were concerned about what other rights were going to be taken away if honest and law abiding Canadians were going to be subject to such restrictions as the long gun registry rules laid out.

My dad was a hunter, a competitive shooter and a trap and skeet shooter. I grew up with guns and I certainly haven't managed to shoot anyone. His prized Perazzi is locked in a gun safe now instead of hanging in a place of honour on my den wall...... his collection of shotguns and rifles are locked up in the gun safe with trigger locks on.

As a kid, those shotguns and rifles were in a gun cabinet in our dining room, an unlocked gun cabinet...with no trigger locks in place....shotgun shells right there in boxes.......ammunition for the rifles right there in boxes.....my sibs and I were taught to use them responsibly, properly and not without supervision until we were adults. Funny thing, not one of us EVER opened that cabinet or took a rifle/shotgun out or fooled around with them. And they were in our house from the time we were babies. "Guns" can be present in someone's home and hands without becoming weapons.

What's with the straight face comment, Stawns? MM's point is a valid one. When the long gun registry in Canada was first being discussed and was then enacted, these exact same sentiments were being echoed by the legitimate Canadian gun owners. The hunters, the competitive shooters, trap and skeet shooters.....I was on the front lines of the whole long gun registry issues and those who were concerned about what other rights were going to be taken away if honest and law abiding Canadians were going to be subject to such restrictions as the long gun registry rules laid out. My dad was a hunter, a competitive shooter and a trap and skeet shooter. I grew up with guns and I certainly haven't managed to shoot anyone. His prized Perazzi is locked in a gun safe now instead of hanging in a place of honour on my den wall...... his collection of shotguns and rifles are locked up in the gun safe with trigger locks on.

As a kid, those shotguns and rifles were in a gun cabinet in the dining room, an unlocked gun cabinet...with no trigger locks....shotgun shells right there in boxes.....my sibs and I were taught to use them responsibly, properly and not without supervision until we were adults. Funny thing, not one of us EVER opened that cabinet or took a rifle/shotgun out or fooled around with them. And they were in our house from the time we were babies. "Guns" can be present in someone's home and hands without becoming weapons.

I have no issue with hunting rifles. I grew up in a family of hunters.......I shot my first gun at 8, and got a .22 for my tenth b-day. In no way do I think they should abolish the second amendment, they need to amend the second amendment.......if a gun's sole purpose is to kill other humans, non-military or law enforcement professionals should not have one.......namely handguns and assault rifles

Archived