The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michigan passes bill allowing concealed weapons in schools, day care centers, stadiums, churches

dudeone

I'll give you a hint. It's not condescension, it's disbelief. You are one of, if not the, most powerful and wealthiest nation in the history of the planet. You have SOOOOO much capacity to be amazing to truly set the standard for other nations. Yet somehow vast swaths of your population and it's leaders seem determined to ignore facts, evidence and logic on a regular basis in some perverse show of national masochism. You marginalize your poor and sick despite being a "Christian nation", you have the largest social program the planet has ever seen in the American military yet you hate commie-Obama care. You're a sideshow of contradiction and ignorance.

I assure you it's not condescension but disbelief, pity and disappointment.

Gut check: at the end of the day, should China or Russia invade Canada for its vast resources, we know that Canada cannot defend itself. We cannot even pretend that Canadians would go Wolverine because we do have access to guns. However, we all now that we should be safe because our gun totting neighbors to the South will have our back--even though it will only be in America's best interest. The fact is guns are not a part of our modern day Canadian story, but the right to own a gun is uniquely American. And as someone who does, a Canadian American living in the South, I am thankful for that right. At the end of the night, I know that my family is not going to be a victim to a home invasion while I wait ten minutes for the cops to get there.

Hahaha and how do you suggest we combat this...sterilize the morons? Is it really the fault of the educated that the stupid and ignorant are multiplying like rabbits and teaching their mouth breathing kids to be just as ignorant and intolerant as they are? If shooting stupid people were legal my friend the US South for one example would be severely underpopulated.

Hey...guess what...I didn't say a word in that post about the South NOT being pro-gun. What I said was "If shooting stupid people were legal places like the US south would be underpopulated" And I made this statement because I actually live in the south myself, and it was an exasperated comment. Like I'm not going to lie and tell you that I haven't thought about getting rid of a few of the stupid people around here.

LOL care to explain the difference between a "cultural mosaic" and a "melting pot"? And on top of that, maybe outline what makes a "cultural mosaic" BETTER than a "melting pot"? Euphemisms that mean exactly the same thing do not carry any more weight than any other. You've got your problems with government too, my friend, so I think you may want to climb down out of that ivory tower. You next going to tell me that Canada is a utopian society that doesn't contain people that are intolerant of other people's cultures or beliefs? Moses smell the roses.

You come to Vancouver and you will see people from other cultures (Asians) in particular not knowing the English language yet being able to live their daily life buying groceries from Asian stores and working in a mainly Asian environment. In fact I know a Korean dentist who can barely speak English, yet he is doing pretty well for himself. I doubt this can happen in America. Aside from some multicultural diverse places such as Los Angeles or New York, this scenario probably doesn't happen. I heard you can't even buy Asian rice in some states since none can be found. That is the reason why Canada is mainly a cultural mosaic while America is a melting pot. American dream is just an example of that. Everyone has to fly the American flag, know English and fit into society by becoming Americanized.

Archived