The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michigan passes bill allowing concealed weapons in schools, day care centers, stadiums, churches

dudeone

You come to Vancouver and you will see people from other cultures (Asians) in particular not knowing the English language yet being able to live their daily life buying groceries from Asian stores and working in a mainly Asian environment. In fact I know a Korean dentist who can barely speak English, yet he is doing pretty well for himself. I doubt this can happen in America. Aside from some multicultural diverse places such as Los Angeles or New York, this scenario probably doesn't happen. I heard you can't even buy Asian rice in some states since none can be found. That is the reason why Canada is mainly a cultural mosaic while America is a melting pot. American dream is just an example of that. Everyone has to fly the American flag, know English and fit into society by becoming Americanized.

You come to Vancouver and you will see people from other cultures (Asians) in particular not knowing the English language yet being able to live their daily life buying groceries from Asian stores and working in a mainly Asian environment. In fact I know a Korean dentist who can barely speak English, yet he is doing pretty well for himself. I doubt this can happen in America. Aside from some multicultural diverse places such as Los Angeles or New York, this scenario probably doesn't happen. I heard you can't even buy Asian rice in some states since none can be found. That is the reason why Canada is mainly a cultural mosaic while America is a melting pot. American dream is just an example of that. Everyone has to fly the American flag, know English and fit into society by becoming Americanized.

I'm sorry, but your post is quite absurd. Perhaps you're thinking of America 20 years ago....but today there is far more cultural diversity than you seem to be aware of. Immigrants are not expected to become "Americanized", and I'm not really sure why you would think that unless you never spent much time in the States.

Archived