The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michigan passes bill allowing concealed weapons in schools, day care centers, stadiums, churches

dudeone

I've seen this (bolded) statement show up several times now and have refrained from commenting on it even though I have to face palm myself every damned time I see it and frankly, I'm getting a headache from doing so.

Daily mass shootings. Really? Am I missing something here? I'm pretty regular and dedicated about getting my daily dosage of world news, news from Canada.....news from the US...and I have yet to hear of 351 mass shootings this year. Now granted, I was on some pretty heavy pain meds for awhile through August/September and part of October/November but damned if the Internet and Google can find the daily mass shootings for those months. Are you privy to some other information source I and millions of others have missed somehow?

Am just exaggerating about the mass shootings in US, but shootings (whether gang related or random) do occur on a daily basis. I don't even need a stat on this since it is common knowledge for most people. Although you have to agree with me that there has been an unusual rise in mass shootings in US in the past couple of years.

Perhaps you need to be a tad more careful about the terminology you use and double check your posts before hitting the post button in the future. I have seen this comment "daily mass shootings" more than just once or a couple of times. That sort of exaggerating does not do any argument you make justice nor does it make it seem any more valid, it just looks silly and does not lend itself to encouraging any sort of knowledgeable debate.

I can just see it now.

Ok kids. Tactical drill. Put on your body armour. Bring out the Ingram Mac-10, and load the 30 round magazine. That's it! Now take your 1911 and insert the magazine and rack it to put a bullet in the chamber.

Tommy, I told you it's tactical drilling, you can't have a .357 Magnum revolver...it's only got 6 rounds. I don't care how good of a shot you are..pick up that 1911 right now!

Archived