The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van - Nash, Van -Tor

You Sir,

know how to make a good proposal!

Edler as a signed 50pt defenceman is worth way more than Wilson, and Ekholm, but unsigned, this seems fair. The Toronto trade also gives us a lot of youth and Bozak and Wilson play 2 very different games, giving us a lot of versatility.

I know a lot of CDC'ers aren't sold on Kadri, but he is able to play both Wing, and Centre, and is the playmaker that guys like Kassian need. These trades greatly increase our prospect pool, while also giving us players that can produce/fill roles now. Percy is an added bonus and could fill in as a bottom pair d-man with Tanev, or replace Ballard if we manage to move him somewhere.

Great job!

I took out JS,

It's fair to have Josi cone back because Edler would play top pairing in NSH with weber and so he would be the best player in the deal.

I added our 2nd bc of the youth coming back our way and the fact that Gillis usually pisses these away anyhow- Sauve, Rodin, Mallet ...grrrrrrreat

I don't want to Lise Edler but I'd fo this if we have to move him

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8476482

Jensen is actually a left wing, similarly Garrison is a left D which makes the OP's proposal pretty shrewd. Percy seems smart as Connauton appears to be struggling this year. The proposal gives us a potential Top 6 play making forward (Kadri), two guys to compete for our 3rd line centre position (Wilson and Bozak) which needs depth and prospects to re-tool our D. Big thumbs up to the OP!

But I worry about your post as we really only have Kassian as a legit NHL body on the RW and he's still a prospect. Remember Burrows is actually playing on his off wing with the Twins and their line is incredibly small. Booth aside (or Jensen when he makes it), we are not big on either the left wing either. So Smashing Kassian's suggestion to replace Percy (considering we're already getting a D prospect in the Ossi's proposal) with Biggs who is a truculent RW is a nice possible tweak.

Personally,

I'd rather take Percy over Biggs, just because Biggs is another RW, and we already have Kassian and Jensen.

You're right though, a better package coud be available for Edler, but this one seems to give us 2 things we need more of. Depth at centre, and young prospects to challenge K-Conn,Tanev and Corrado.

In all honesty, I'd really like to do a trade with Nashville for Wilson. and maybe acquire Blum too, if we threw something else into the mix, with Edler. Blum,Wilson, and Schroeder all played together on the U.S WJC Team and could have good chemistry in the locker room. Good chemistry between Wilson, and Schroeder could allow Schroeder to move to wing, where I think he is more fitted.

Schroeder-Wilson-Kassian

Kadri-Gaunce-Jensen looks really good to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we would get a way better return from a more desperate team like Philly.. They go hard for players they want and are not afraid to pull the trigger on a blockbuster move. I think we could get a couturier package out of them if we went that way.

If that's all were going to get for him I would rather just sign edler and trade him when the time is right.

I think we would get a way better return from a more desperate team like Philly.. They go hard for players they want and are not afraid to pull the trigger on a blockbuster move. I think we could get a couturier package out of them if we went that way.

If that's all were going to get for him I would rather just sign edler and trade him when the time is right.

Archived