The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

26 inspiring stories from this year

canuckbeliever

This has been one of those years that has been sad globally on various levels. Multiple insane senseless shootings in the States and Canada. A bunch of wars and conflict arising in the middle east that shouldn't be occurring in the first pl

ace. A gigantic economic crisis in Europe that is testing the faith and brain power of citizens and politicians. An economic crisis in America that refuses to go away. Multitude of natural disasters and the list goes on and on and on. But despite that I think this is what 2012 will be and should be remembered for. It is often said that you find out most about a person during the most trying of times. Well if these 26 moments are any example, society as a whole is stronger than ever.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/moments-that-restored-our-faith-in-humanity-this-y

Earlier this year I had lost my N and had to drive around with a tape N on my car for a little while. Until one day I came to my car in the parking lot and found someone had left their N on my car door. Not incredibly heroic or inspiring but it made my day. Not all of the stories are that incredible (some are) but they are cool and thoughtful. I'm sure more stuff happens like it every day, it just doesn't get publicized.

Archived