Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeyville88

Sedins surprise Triple A Midget team in practice

20 posts in this topic

Friend's twin was actually on the team they visited. Pictures all over facebook.. You can tell how much the visit meant to the guys.

Good on the Sedins. :)

That's pretty classy of the Sedins to do that. Tons of respect for them.

very classy indeed........wish they got more respect from the rest of the league........and not called sister

Love the Sedins.

Now if only Bettman and / or a few owners can drop in on a few meetings of the global financial elite, it will be feel good all around...

very classy indeed........wish they got more respect from the rest of the league........and not called sister

I liked the fact that this his now home for them, sounds like they are staying here (or are in the process of thinking it through) until they retire. They really want to bring a cup to Vancouver, all heart.

People forget how they were treated their first few years here, and even recently in the first steps in the playoffs, 'sisters', 'not tough' etc etc.

Superstars - as players and people. These are the type of men you want your child to idolize if his hero is a hockey player. Boy will winning a cup be even more special if Henrik and Daniel raise it. The types of comments they made (about fighting through, about staying here) are what real Canucks fans admire not the wins and losses because we grew up with a team that never won, but just brought the fight everynight.

Thank you Daniel and Henrik for some of the most amazing hockey I have seen as a Canucks fan, for what you do for the city of Vancouver, and what I am happy to hear is OUR city.

Amazing, I was so mad at the players for this Lockout and the class of these two just makes me love the Canucks even more.

You shouldn't care what people think, but did you see the way Hank played against LA? Miles better than any Canuck forward imo. You know how the Sedins have constantly had to deal with criticism, and overcome it? How they weren't good third liners? Good second liners? Good first liners? I think the Sedins (Henrik in particular) are ready for prime time come playoff time. I hope we get hockey soon.

What a lot of fans forget is that the Twins donated $1 million to Children's Hospital after they signed their last contract. That says a lot not just about their character but also their sense of community. Right up there with Linden in my books.

This is a neat article, it really shows the human side of hockey. Yes, the twins could've gone off to play in Sweden, they are more than capable, but instead, I think for once, they wanted to just be dads and husbands. I never thought I could picture Hank or Daniel pushing a grocery buggy around the grocery store, or picture them doing menial household chores, because I've always pictured them doing hockey. This article opens up that they too, enjoy taking their kids to school, helping them with their school work, and just living a simple life for a little while. I know that they miss hockey but I think its neat that the twins give us a glimpse of their lives outside of hockey despite the lockout. They're happy, to do other things that we their fans may never have thought of them doing. Thank you Hank and Daniel for being a part of our wonderful city, and I hope to see you on the ice again soon. (In a NHL game, of course!)

Man we will miss them when they are gone. Part of the reason I came to support the Canucks from way over here was the first time I watched these guys play.

Hope they retire here and the organisation can include the veterans in the club more.

Sad how former Canucks are all around and never included in day to day promotions and game day or club promotions and events.

I would love to go see Cliff and Pavel and Gino.Maybe the club will clue in and the vets will stay with the club and that will build the legacy and improve relations with fans.

After yet another Bettman/owner grab/lockout the clubs could use all the positive PR they can get.

We love the Canucks for the players.

One of the Sedins were also in the group of Canuck players that visited BC Children's Hospital recently. Picture was posted on another blog, Manny was also there along with some others. Nice to see, meant a lot to the families that they met with.

Saw the video. Was absolutely smile-inducing. :) They're a couple of great guys. And THIS is why they deserve to be in the Ring of Honour when they retire.