Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

THE SIMPSONS = BEST SHOW

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
106 replies to this topic

#91 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

i don't understand why you would decide on the best show in the last 10 years? what makes the last 10 years so special. if i like a show it doesn't need to be in the last 10 years. for me personally "married with children" will be tops for comedy with honorable mention of "allo! allo!". breaking bad gets tops for drama.

simpsons being the winner is no surprise, regardless if you're a fan of it or not you've seen an episode once in a while.

I love Married With Children, IMBY! I still watch it almost every day. It was the first really "risque" sitcom. FOX was such a rebel network, back in the day.

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#92 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,634 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

I'm more partial to Melissa Rauch...slutty little munchkin... ;) I love physics jokes and nerd humor...can't help it...actually wrote a Quantum Physics joke once.

Why are Quantum Physicists lousy at sex? Because when they find the position they can't find the momentum, and when they find the momentum, they can't find the position. ;)

I cringed and then laughed.

wZEgqzy.png

#93 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Melissa Rauch is cute, too, Munchie! Nice, cheesy joke, too, dude!

:lol:

My personal favorite though was a clever little joke about Halley's Comet I heard when I was in high school...

From the public his discovery drew cheers
But from his wife there came nothing but tears
For you see, said Ms. Halley
He used to come daily
Now only once every 76 years

Edited by Munchie Marauder, 17 December 2012 - 06:28 PM.

Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#94 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

I teach Science, Gumballthechewy. It connects on so many levels. I hated it at first, but, once I started to watch it, I realized it was pretty entertaining. Plus, Kaley Cuoco is easy on the eyes!

I never new if the science was proper until I was watching some behind the scenes stuff and apparently they have an actual scientist working with them.

And why does everyone think it has a laugh track?

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#95 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,557 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

I agree, Simpsons is one of my favorites. A good winner.

zackass.png

#96 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

I cringed and then laughed.

I chuckle to myself every time I see your sig and avatar. I've been a huge Futurama fan since it first aired...and lately I've been watching the season with "The Thin Blue Line" episode in it. I never laughed as hard as when I first saw that episode on TV, the part when Fry and URL are chasing down what turns out to be Erwin Schrodinger...then they ask him "What's in the box, Schrodinger?" "A cat, some poison und a cesium atom" then Fry says "The cat...is it alive or dead? Alive or dead?" "It's a superposition of both states" "We'll see about that" *RAAAAWR!" Then URL goes "There's also a lot of drugs in here". hahahahaha
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#97 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,634 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

I chuckle to myself every time I see your sig and avatar. I've been a huge Futurama fan since it first aired...and lately I've been watching the season with "The Thin Blue Line" episode in it. I never laughed as hard as when I first saw that episode on TV, the part when Fry and URL are chasing down what turns out to be Erwin Schrodinger...then they ask him "What's in the box, Schrodinger?" "A cat, some poison und a cesium atom" then Fry says "The cat...is it alive or dead? Alive or dead?" "It's a superposition of both states" "We'll see about that" *RAAAAWR!" Then URL goes "There's also a lot of drugs in here". hahahahaha

Great episode!

wZEgqzy.png

#98 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,534 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

i don't understand why you would decide on the best show in the last 10 years? what makes the last 10 years so special. if i like a show it doesn't need to be in the last 10 years. for me personally "married with children" will be tops for comedy with honorable mention of "allo! allo!". breaking bad gets tops for drama.

simpsons being the winner is no surprise, regardless if you're a fan of it or not you've seen an episode once in a while.

I did it, because I can.
Posted Image

#99 Caboose

Caboose

Marlies Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,637 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

I'm more partial to Melissa Rauch...slutty little munchkin...;) I love physics jokes and nerd humor...can't help it...actually wrote a Quantum Physics joke once.

Why are Quantum Physicists lousy at sex? Because when they find the position they can't find the momentum, and when they find the momentum, they can't find the position. ;)

The show would be decent if it weren't fot Leonard. He's painful to watch on so many levels.

iM9vOuM.jpg

#100 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,634 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

The show would be decent if it weren't fot Leonard. He's painful to watch on so many levels.

Johnny Galecki (Leonard) was on an episode of My Name Is Earl once, and it was the same character as Big Bang Theory almost... He can't act.

wZEgqzy.png

#101 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,121 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

Big Bang Theory? More like Big LaughTrack Theory! Amirite comrades?

#102 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,634 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

More like "Look at the chick who plays Penny and disregard the rest of the characters Theory". That title might be a little bit wordy.

Edited by BananaMash, 18 December 2012 - 12:41 AM.

wZEgqzy.png

#103 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

Why would they sell tickets to a laugh track...

http://www.tvtickets...l?Show=big bang

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#104 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,634 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

Why would they sell tickets to baseball?

wZEgqzy.png

#105 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,121 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

#106 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

The Simpsons are one of the 3 or 4 greatest television shows of all-time. But in the last 10 years, they had already done everything they could do. The last decade has been the same jokes with new story lines and/or pop culture references and celebrity appearances. Not that anyone could blame them, 25 years later.

In the last 10 years, there really hasn't been as many groundbreaking shows as their were in the 90's. There hasn't been a Simpsons or Seinfeld since, well, The Simpsons and Seinfeld.

Having said that, the ones that come to mind that changed a genre or created a brand new genre would be; Lost, Dexter, American Idol, Survivor, The Sopranos, South Park and The Office come to mind.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#107 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

Johnny Galecki (Leonard) was on an episode of My Name Is Earl once, and it was the same character as Big Bang Theory almost... He can't act.

You don't have to be a good actor when every character on the show is just a caricature.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.