The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Let's Write A CDC Christmas Story [Complete]

BananaMash

Okay, didn't want to hog the whole thing and this is plenty so I got it up a little early. :D

Chapter two

Gumball, Tiggies and Mash were struck with a mix of fear and... well, more fear that left them frozen and shaking. The Big Red Man stumbled through the door, completely lacking in coordination, and fell flat on his face, passed out, drunk. Tiggies paused the game, but that was all he could do. The three of them stared in silence at the sight of the man and had no idea what to do next. Before long, however, they heard the footsteps of Alex and his mother come up the stairs. "Dad's home!," said Alex with great excitement. "Go get the water, sweety" his mother said with an oddly relieved tone. It was as if this was a common occurrence in the house; Alex knew exactly what she was talking about and presented a bucket filled to the brim with water to his mother in no more than a minute.

Alex's mother had meanwhile grabbed a show shovel out of the closet and flipped the body over. Once presented with Alex's bucket, she motioned over to the drunkard. Alex again knew exactly what she meant, and poured the bucket over his head. In an instant the Big Red Man was wide awake, and gave Alex and his wife a big hug. "Wow, what a cute family," whispered Gumball to the others. "Are you kidding? I can smell the vodka from his mouth all the way over here," Tiggies stated in rebuttal. "Oh well, at least they're happy. Anyway, it's my turn now – gimme the controller," said Mash as he pulled the controller from Tiggies' hands, unpausing the game. Tiggies was upset, but content -- it wasn't his turn any longer. Gumball, however, was too stunned by and curious about what just happened to realize that Mash just stole his turn.

Before long, the Big Red Man made his way into the kitchen, and Alex followed him. Gumball had noticed the man took a large pouch home with him and was opening it in the kitchen, so he slipped away and left Mash with the game to check it out. He walked into the kitchen and stood next to Alex just as the man was opening the pouch, but he didn't have a good enough view of it as the man's back was turned to him. "You won't believe this one, boy," said Alex's father. "I did real good tonight... But you're gonna have to wait until Christmas to see it, you know!" He quickly closed the sack, stood up as straight as he could in his intoxicated state, turned around, and winked at Alex.

"That wink..." Gumball thought to himself. "That wink, there's no mistaking it – I've seen it before in the movies... It's really him!" In an instant he now believed in Santa again, but he wasn't able to dwell on it just yet; realizing what an awkward scene he may have created by walking into the kitchen, Gumball slowly slipped back into the living room to talk with Mash and Tiggies. He wanted to get both of their attention before starting, but Mash wouldn't listen. "Mash," ... "Mash, listen to me!" Gumball whispered as loudly as he could, but Mash wouldn't pay attention. This left Gumball with no choice. He had to do something no child should ever have to do... He forcibly paused the game. "Hey, what the hell, man?!" "Shh, keep quiet. I need to talk to you guys." Gumball explained his inference that Alex's dad was really Santa Claus, and the three of them quickly started trading yelps of excitement. They then did what any right-minded male children would do, and started discussing ways in which they could steal some presents from him. "Not a whole lot, just as much as we need" to retain their moral righteousness.

Archived