71 replies to this topic

#1 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

So as you can see from the headline and given this is a fan site, I am sure some will say whatever, maybe, you never know, yada yada yada, and true we don't but I think that 2014 will be our year (barring major injuries / staying healthy for a number of reasons).

1. This year may be a write off and given a short season if there is one, its more of a sprint and luck vs. being able to fight through 82 +16 - so I think if there is a season, a year like this could end up being some surprise team that gets hot, some good teams that start slow could be looking in from the outside etc.

2. Daniel and Henrik. They are aging, but still at their peak. The will be more determined than ever to take another run. I also believe that their experience, ability to adjust their game etc will have by then reached its maximum, they've learned all they can and will be ready to really take their game to the last / final level by then.

3. Schnieder. He will have had a year and a half as 'the man' and I believe will be starting to take over the 'superstar' role on the nucks as Henrik and Daniel start to age. He'll have a full playoff run under his belt as the number 1 (assuming we have a partial season this year).

4. Kassian. A big if, but IF he is able to start putting it all together, 2014 will be the start of it and he could play a major role in the playoffs. I do think his time in the AHL this year, as frustrating as its been at times for him is great, its allowing him to make mistakes outside the fish bowl. He will be a better player because of it.

5. Edler (and yes I believe he will be here) - Similar to Schnieder,I beleive he will start to emerge as the player we have seen as the all star he is and jump to the next level. Not to mention I believe on the whole our D corps will be one of the best in the league. Hammer/Bieksa, Garrison/Edler, Connaughton/Tanev/Sauve with a vet as depth.

6. Kesler, Booth, Bieksa - All should be reaching their peaks as well. Kesler will hopefully have matured, stayed healthy, Booth learned his role on the team and found his spot, Bieksa hopefully has further developed his defensive game and added back the grit that got him into the league.

7. Connaughton. I believe this kid will be the shot we'll need after Salo's departure on the PP and should by 2014 be a regular.

Alot of things have to align here, but those guys I think will be the keys (Burr, well he's gonna be Burr so I excluded him, we know what we'll get from him, everything).

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 16 December 2012 - 09:40 AM.

#2 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

We won't even be the best team in the NW, Edmonton will be a powerhouse again.

#3 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

But yeah, Connauton and Garrison on the PP will be pretty sick...

#4 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,451 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

sorry. in 2013 the oilers say hello. la kings say hello.
our window has closed or will be closed by then.
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#5 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

Decent points, but we say this every year. Maybe we will win, maybe we won't. There's no such thing as destiny or our year or anything like that, the team has to execute for the Canucks to win.

By the way I don't think Edmonton will be ready to be a contender that quickly, they still have holes in defense/goaltending. They will be much improved but I don't think you can go from being near last place to a contender in two years, especially when one year is a lockout year.

#6 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,931 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

connauton is a plug. I was a fan but he is absolutely terrible. he's a team worst -10 on the wolves, and he can't even hat the puck out of his own zone most nights. and if you think his offensive abilities make up for his embarassing defensive game... wrong... our tanev has same amount of goals and more points along with a better plus minus

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#7 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,071 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

Edmonton is SOOO poorly managed they won't be good.

They'll manage to screw up their team as usual. Just cause they have some young guns doesn't mean they're a complete team. Their defense and goaltending is still dreadful.

Edited by Armada, 16 December 2012 - 02:04 PM.

Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#8 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

Edmonton is SOOO poorly managed they won't be good.

They'll manage to screw up their team as usual. Just cause they have some young guns doesn't mean they're a complete team. Their defense and goaltending is still dreadful.

Really don't see how that's possible...

#9 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

connauton is a plug. I was a fan but he is absolutely terrible. he's a team worst -10 on the wolves, and he can't even hat the puck out of his own zone most nights. and if you think his offensive abilities make up for his embarassing defensive game... wrong... our tanev has same amount of goals and more points along with a better plus minus

Connauton's got a bomb of a slap shot.

#10 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,151 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Connauton has been horrendous in the AHL. He had that one good year on the Giants and everyone overhyped him. He won't do anything in the NHL.

Edmonton needs another solid d-man and a top goalie to be a serious contender in the league. Could definitely see them getting both this upcoming offseason.

#11 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,827 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Connauton has been horrendous in the AHL. He had that one good year on the Giants and everyone overhyped him. He won't do anything in the NHL.

Edmonton needs another solid d-man and a top goalie to be a serious contender in the league. Could definitely see them getting both this upcoming offseason.

Yeah, I think he needs to be paired with Tanev again because Joslin is terrible and is dragging him down somewhat imo.

He wasn't terrible last year he was picked for the all star team I think.

Edited by TheGame., 16 December 2012 - 02:48 PM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#12 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,391 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

Edmonton will still be our ***** as long as Ben Eager plays for them.

#13 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

LOL @ Edmonton being better. You don't win with 1 forward line, and Dpairing and a so-so goalie.
Posted Image

#14 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Man, you are clueless. Edmonton will go from 2nd worst in the league to best in one season? Connauton will pair with Garrison despite never scoring once this season with a slapper? Is Joslin going to pair with Hamhuis too or do you think that we'll trade Raymond, Ballard and a 1st for Weber?

#15 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,071 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

Really don't see how that's possible...

LOL @ Edmonton being better. You don't win with 1 forward line, and Dpairing and a so-so goalie.

This^.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#16 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,451 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

what do we have after sedin-sedin-burrows

ryan "im a puck hog" kesler
david "im not the same since the hit" booth
mayson "i only skate fast" raymond
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#17 YEGCanuck

YEGCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

Man, I hope you are right. I just hope we can salvage a shortened season out of the current year.

#18 beer&meat

beer&meat

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

:huh:
I don't ride with the band, I roll with the team.

I've been a Canuck fan since 2004-05 when the team was going through a huge transition phase, missed the playoffs

#19 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,931 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

Connauton's got a bomb of a slap shot.

Ya great... what if the puck leaves the offensive zone... another minus.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#20 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

I guess anything's possible.
(shiznak@Jun 17 2008, 08:00 PM)
Kesler was lucky to score 20 this year since the injury to Morrison allowed him to do so.

I doubt Kesler would ever break 15 goals in his career again.

#21 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,151 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Smyth-Gagner-Yakupov
Jones-Horcoff-Hemsky
Eager-Belanger-Hartikainen
MPS/Lander

Whitney-Smid
Schultz-Schultz
Peckham-Petry
Potter/Sutton

Dubnyk
Khabibulin

They need a d-man and a number 1 goalie and they'll be fine. I see a pattern similar to what Chicago went through. Several years of suffering, followed by a sudden outburst and a deep playoff run. As soon as the Oilers' younger players develop, they'll be one of the best teams in the league.

#22 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

Here we go..

#23 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,511 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

You sir, just failed.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#24 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

Did Edmonton get a goalie that I didn't know about? Also, their defense has who aside from the "great" Schultz?

Vancouver will still be number one in NW. Hamhuis, Bieksa, Edler (if signed), Garrison, Ballard, Schneider and Luongo (if not traded) would eliminate any offense that the Oilers can muster out of their kids.

Posted Image

#25 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

POPULAR

Chris Higgins? Hansen? Lappy? Kassian? Schroeder?

We could probably make another trade for a top 6 forward. Jeez, its not like we've been a two time President trophy winner and the western conference champ these past two years for nothing. Have some faith for crying out loud. You shouldn't even be a Canuck fan with that type of attitude.

Posted Image

#26 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Smyth-Gagner-Yakupov
Jones-Horcoff-Hemsky
MPS/Lander

Whitney-Smid
Schultz-Schultz
Peckham-Petry
Potter/Sutton

Dubnyk
Khabibulin

They need a d-man and a number 1 goalie and they'll be fine. I see a pattern similar to what Chicago went through. Several years of suffering, followed by a sudden outburst and a deep playoff run. As soon as the Oilers' younger players develop, they'll be one of the best teams in the league.

First, let see how their development goes skill wise and chemistry wise before declaring them the next Chicago Blackhawks. They haven't even gone to playoffs yet and people have already declared them a dynasty.

Posted Image

#27 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

By the time they get those, Yakupov would've been traded due to a trade demand and Hemsky would've retired along with Khabibulin.

Posted Image

#28 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,511 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Smyth-Gagner-Yakupov
Jones-Horcoff-Hemsky
MPS/Lander

Whitney-Smid
Schultz-Schultz
Peckham-Petry
Potter/Sutton

Dubnyk
Khabibulin

I'd trade Hemsky for a D man and bring up MPS

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Smyth - Gagner - Yakupov
Paajarvj - Horcoff - Jones (I like this third line)
Eager - Belanger - Hartikainen

Whitney - N. Schultz
J. Schultz - D man acquired in Hemsky trade
Smid - Petry

Dubnyk
Khabibulin

That looks pretty good if Paajarvi can return to his rookie season form.

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 16 December 2012 - 05:12 PM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#29 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

Did Edmonton get a goalie that I didn't know about? Also, their defense has who aside from the "great" Schultz?

Vancouver will still be number one in NW. Hamhuis, Bieksa, Edler (if signed), Garrison, Ballard, Schneider and Luongo (if not traded) would eliminate any offense that the Oilers can muster out of their kids.

That's exactly what people said about the Penguins, and the Blackhawks.

#30 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

every year is supposedly "our year" these predictions are pointless

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.