The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Prediction - Vancouver Canucks 2013- 2014 Stanley Cup Champions

BuretoMogilny

So as you can see from the headline and given this is a fan site, I am sure some will say whatever, maybe, you never know, yada yada yada, and true we don't but I think that 2014 will be our year (barring major injuries / staying healthy for a number of reasons).

1. This year may be a write off and given a short season if there is one, its more of a sprint and luck vs. being able to fight through 82 +16 - so I think if there is a season, a year like this could end up being some surprise team that gets hot, some good teams that start slow could be looking in from the outside etc.

2. Daniel and Henrik. They are aging, but still at their peak. The will be more determined than ever to take another run. I also believe that their experience, ability to adjust their game etc will have by then reached its maximum, they've learned all they can and will be ready to really take their game to the last / final level by then.

3. Schnieder. He will have had a year and a half as 'the man' and I believe will be starting to take over the 'superstar' role on the nucks as Henrik and Daniel start to age. He'll have a full playoff run under his belt as the number 1 (assuming we have a partial season this year).

4. Kassian. A big if, but IF he is able to start putting it all together, 2014 will be the start of it and he could play a major role in the playoffs. I do think his time in the AHL this year, as frustrating as its been at times for him is great, its allowing him to make mistakes outside the fish bowl. He will be a better player because of it.

5. Edler (and yes I believe he will be here) - Similar to Schnieder,I beleive he will start to emerge as the player we have seen as the all star he is and jump to the next level. Not to mention I believe on the whole our D corps will be one of the best in the league. Hammer/Bieksa, Garrison/Edler, Connaughton/Tanev/Sauve with a vet as depth.

6. Kesler, Booth, Bieksa - All should be reaching their peaks as well. Kesler will hopefully have matured, stayed healthy, Booth learned his role on the team and found his spot, Bieksa hopefully has further developed his defensive game and added back the grit that got him into the league.

7. Connaughton. I believe this kid will be the shot we'll need after Salo's departure on the PP and should by 2014 be a regular.

Alot of things have to align here, but those guys I think will be the keys (Burr, well he's gonna be Burr so I excluded him, we know what we'll get from him, everything).

Decent points, but we say this every year. Maybe we will win, maybe we won't. There's no such thing as destiny or our year or anything like that, the team has to execute for the Canucks to win.

By the way I don't think Edmonton will be ready to be a contender that quickly, they still have holes in defense/goaltending. They will be much improved but I don't think you can go from being near last place to a contender in two years, especially when one year is a lockout year.

connauton is a plug. I was a fan but he is absolutely terrible. he's a team worst -10 on the wolves, and he can't even hat the puck out of his own zone most nights. and if you think his offensive abilities make up for his embarassing defensive game... wrong... our tanev has same amount of goals and more points along with a better plus minus

Connauton has been horrendous in the AHL. He had that one good year on the Giants and everyone overhyped him. He won't do anything in the NHL.

Edmonton needs another solid d-man and a top goalie to be a serious contender in the league. Could definitely see them getting both this upcoming offseason.

Archived