The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Prediction - Vancouver Canucks 2013- 2014 Stanley Cup Champions

BuretoMogilny

They went to the finals in 06...

Just because they weren't elite doesn't mean that they were rebuilding. They were a decent team in the late 90's and early 2000's.

Nobody said that chemistry is automatic. The fact that Hall-RNH-Eberle have played well together last year and in the AHL is enough proof that they'll be fine.

I think 2011 was our year and as we all know, it did not turn out. I do think we'll get back there though.

As for the Oilers, I predict they will make a conference final appearance 2 seasons from now, and get knocked out by the Canucks in 5 games.

I think 2011 was our year and as we all know, it did not turn out. I do think we'll get back there though.

As for the Oilers, I predict they will make a conference final appearance 2 seasons from now, and get knocked out by the Canucks in 5 games.

2. Daniel and Henrik. Sure, that's reasonable to expect that they'd want to play to win. They've been that way for several seasons now.

3. Schnieder. He will have had a year and a half as 'the man' and I believe will be starting to take over the 'superstar' role on the nucks as Henrik and Daniel start to age.

Hold your horses there buddy, Cory hasn't even played a season as THE starter in the league; I think you might be setting yourself up for disappointment in case he can't handle the either season or falters.

4. Kassian. A big if, but IF he is able to start putting it all together, 2014 will be the start of it and he could play a major role in the playoffs. I do think his time in the AHL this year, as frustrating as its been at times for him is great, its allowing him to make mistakes outside the fish bowl. He will be a better player because of it.

We can all hope so; he was brought here with big expectations on those broad shoulders so the team would hope that he could become that game-breaking power-forward to propel the team in the trench warfare that is the playoffs.

Or, frankly speaking we could have another Bernie on our hands (hoping he's more Lucic and less Stonehands Steve).

5. Edler (and yes I believe he will be here) - Similar to Schnieder,I beleive he will start to emerge as the player we have seen as the all star he is and jump to the next level. Not to mention I believe on the whole our D corps will be one of the best in the league. Hammer/Bieksa, Garrison/Edler, Connaughton/Tanev/Sauve with a vet as depth.

I'd be more interested to see how he and Garrison work together; he's pretty solid offensively, but if Jason can cover his mistakes and work well with Alex on the PP then the Top 4 would be REALLY strong (I think Ballard - Garrison would work really well though).

6. Kesler, Booth, Bieksa - Booth learned his role on the team and found his spot should be the key here, with Kes' healthy return close second. Secondary scoring would be fixed if the 2nd unit can finally gel.

I think though one of the biggest question marks would be the return that the team can get for Lu; that has the chance to make or break the team's chances in the future. If the team can get some strong young pieces that can almost play right away or a young play making forward for the Top 6 then I'd really like the team's chances. Another key factor would be whether Jensen makes the team in that year. If he does I think he could step in and put up a Calder-challenging season, given that he gets offensive minutes.

I see the Islanders as being as close to a contender as the Oilers. They've got more of the pieces you need to be a contender.

Tavares, Strome, Niedereiter, Hamonic, De Haan, Reinhart, Grabner, Okposo, Kabanov, Koskinen, Cizakas.

If they can get an owner with some money, or move to another market. They'll be a dangerous team.

2. Daniel and Henrik. Sure, that's reasonable to expect that they'd want to play to win. They've been that way for several seasons now.

3. Schnieder. He will have had a year and a half as 'the man' and I believe will be starting to take over the 'superstar' role on the nucks as Henrik and Daniel start to age.

Hold your horses there buddy, Cory hasn't even played a season as THE starter in the league; I think you might be setting yourself up for disappointment in case he can't handle the either season or falters.

4. Kassian. A big if, but IF he is able to start putting it all together, 2014 will be the start of it and he could play a major role in the playoffs. I do think his time in the AHL this year, as frustrating as its been at times for him is great, its allowing him to make mistakes outside the fish bowl. He will be a better player because of it.

We can all hope so; he was brought here with big expectations on those broad shoulders so the team would hope that he could become that game-breaking power-forward to propel the team in the trench warfare that is the playoffs.

Or, frankly speaking we could have another Bernie on our hands (hoping he's more Lucic and less Stonehands Steve).

5. Edler (and yes I believe he will be here) - Similar to Schnieder,I beleive he will start to emerge as the player we have seen as the all star he is and jump to the next level. Not to mention I believe on the whole our D corps will be one of the best in the league. Hammer/Bieksa, Garrison/Edler, Connaughton/Tanev/Sauve with a vet as depth.

I'd be more interested to see how he and Garrison work together; he's pretty solid offensively, but if Jason can cover his mistakes and work well with Alex on the PP then the Top 4 would be REALLY strong (I think Ballard - Garrison would work really well though).

6. Kesler, Booth, Bieksa - Booth learned his role on the team and found his spot should be the key here, with Kes' healthy return close second. Secondary scoring would be fixed if the 2nd unit can finally gel.

I think though one of the biggest question marks would be the return that the team can get for Lu; that has the chance to make or break the team's chances in the future. If the team can get some strong young pieces that can almost play right away or a young play making forward for the Top 6 then I'd really like the team's chances. Another key factor would be whether Jensen makes the team in that year. If he does I think he could step in and put up a Calder-challenging season, given that he gets offensive minutes.

Archived