Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Prediction - Vancouver Canucks 2013- 2014 Stanley Cup Champions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#61 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,799 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:39 AM

If we somehow salvage a season, the Canucks are easy Cup favourites along with Pittsburgh and even San Jose/Tampa Bay. Teams with older stars and streaky players will thrive in a shortened season, unlike big physical teams like Boston and Los Angeles whose physicality won't have as much of an effect during a shortened season where everyone is fresher.

If this season is wiped out, the Canucks are going to struggle next year. We should win the division (only just) but it'll be a dog-fight. I don't see Edmonton dominating any time soon: their farm team is barely in a playoff position with the 4 best players in the league. Colorado and Minnesota will be our biggest challengers, but they may not even be part of our division if there's a re-allignment.

I say the Canucks have a year or two left in their window before the Sedins and Kesler in particular start to go south in production, with really no one to replace them. Kassian, Jensen and Schroeder are good complementary players but not the sort you build a franchise around like the Sedins and Kesler, which means we're going to need to find some star centers and quickly. Hodgson's development and timing would have been perfect to replace our ageing star centers, now we need to find someone else.
Posted Image

#62 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,983 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

I believe that was the biggest knock against him going back to Junior and given the +/- and what you're telling us, it appears that part of his game hasn't improved.

definitely. I mean I want him to do well and dont get me wrong he's got the tools to be a successful nhler. but he needs to shake off his status of a defensive liability before any coach trusts him enough to give him significant ice time

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck The Sig lord

ezgif-714024022.gif

#63 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,091 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

That's exactly what people said about the Penguins, and the Blackhawks.

Toews and Crosby are better than anyone on the Oilers. Malkin and Kane are also better supporting cast than anyone the Oilers have. Do I need to compare the defense or is it obvious enough for you? Goaltending? not even close. There is no comparisons.

#64 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

every year is supposedly "our year" these predictions are pointless

You nailed it with this post, this is all I needed to read in this topic!

PS: Regards to the Oilers, they may have 1 season to play with each other, but once a new CBA is reached, I can almost guarantee the Salary Cap will not be as high as it is now. By next year half their defence won't be signed, Taylor Hall goes from making 3.75m to 6m, Jordan Eberle goes from making 1.158m to 6m that's a big jump, Sam Gagner already is making 3.2m but isn't signed for next year, plus Magnus Paajarvi isn't signed for next year either. Yes all the star players may stay, but they will not have enough to spend on a legit goalie, they will have to use juniors or cheap forwards to fill a couple holes on the front, and they may only be left with Schultz on D, they won't have much to spend if they really are going to keep their forwards.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup, 17 December 2012 - 12:48 PM.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#65 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,771 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

But yeah, Connauton and Garrison on the PP will be pretty sick...

That will be one of the greatest PP pairings ever...

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#66 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76,960 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

every year is supposedly "our year" these predictions are pointless

I agree with this man. I can see this continuing for at least 5 more years or more.

Who knows what will happen and what we will get from the FA and trades. And questions will arise like: Will the Sedins be the same players? Can Schneider(if Luu gets traded) fight off the pressure? etc.

307mg00.jpg

#67 SEAN HARNETT

SEAN HARNETT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

We won't even be the best team in the NW, Edmonton will be a powerhouse again.

Edmonton is very top heavy but lacks depth. On defense they have work to do and Im not sold on either of their golaies. Still, they will be alot to handle starting as soon as the lock out is over.
:towel:

#68 SEAN HARNETT

SEAN HARNETT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

If we somehow salvage a season, the Canucks are easy Cup favourites along with Pittsburgh and even San Jose/Tampa Bay. Teams with older stars and streaky players will thrive in a shortened season, unlike big physical teams like Boston and Los Angeles whose physicality won't have as much of an effect during a shortened season where everyone is fresher.

If this season is wiped out, the Canucks are going to struggle next year. We should win the division (only just) but it'll be a dog-fight. I don't see Edmonton dominating any time soon: their farm team is barely in a playoff position with the 4 best players in the league. Colorado and Minnesota will be our biggest challengers, but they may not even be part of our division if there's a re-allignment.

I say the Canucks have a year or two left in their window before the Sedins and Kesler in particular start to go south in production, with really no one to replace them. Kassian, Jensen and Schroeder are good complementary players but not the sort you build a franchise around like the Sedins and Kesler, which means we're going to need to find some star centers and quickly. Hodgson's development and timing would have been perfect to replace our ageing star centers, now we need to find someone else.

As much as I didnt like to see Hodgson go, he will never be the type to build a team around. Second line center at best.
:towel:

#69 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

I dont think Canucks will be the same with the lockout and stuff.
Posted Image
Drouin#27 Halifax Mooseheads Star

Credit to Canucks Top Scorer

#70 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

what do we have after sedin-sedin-burrows

ryan "im a puck hog" kesler
david "im not the same since the hit" booth
mayson "i only skate fast" raymond

Wow are you even a Canuck fan. If not just go to the Blackhawk fourms and stop trolling these boards.

If you are a Canuck fan try these new nicknames:

Ryan "I'm an amazing second line center, who could be a first liner on a lot of teams" Kesler
David "I was really starting to get in a groove but unfortunately got injured while adapting to a new team" Booth
Mayson "I broke my back for this team, so show a little respect and yes I do skate fast" Raymond

If not you can always check out Toews nickname,

Jonathan "I can only win as a captain if I have superstars up and down the roster. And I give self-loathing pretend Canuck fans like canucks.bradley wet dreams" Toews
Posted Image

#71 WEwantCUP

WEwantCUP

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Prediction: The Canucks will win the cup this year in a 42 game season and in july we're going to complain how when we finally win the cup, we don't play a complete season

Prediction: There will be more predictions before there are less

Edited by WEwantCUP, 19 December 2012 - 10:29 PM.

#72 warrchief

warrchief

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

We won't even be the best team in the NW, Edmonton will be a powerhouse again.

Maybe when they get a goalie who isn't swiss cheese.
Bobby Lou is my homie

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.