The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

'94 souvenir plate smashed, need your help

sQuish

So I was at a close friend's house for a Christmas party and accidentally bumped into one of her cabinets that had a 1994 Trevor Linden Kirk McLean souvenir plate on top of it (the infamous photo from after game 7 of the SCF). Needless to say it fell to the floor and smashed into a million pieces :(

I absolutely felt terrible and promised her I'd replace it... but I've googled/ebayed/craigslisted the hell out of it and all I can seem to find are framed photos or posters of that picture, but not a collectible plate.

Any one out there know of a shop or store or any website that might have one? It's probably a long shot but here's hoping...

Thanks!

Edit: basically the same as this, but a plate (with stand) instead...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TREVOR-LINDEN-KIRK-MCLEAN-SIGNED-94-CUP-11X14-PHOTO-/360512374202?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item53f03645ba&_uhb=1

lindenmclean.jpg

So I was at a close friend's house for a Christmas party and accidentally bumped into one of her cabinets that had a 1994 Trevor Linden Kirk McLean souvenir plate on top of it (the infamous photo from after game 7 of the SCF). Needless to say it fell to the floor and smashed into a million pieces :(

I absolutely felt terrible and promised her I'd replace it... but I've googled/ebayed/craigslisted the hell out of it and all I can seem to find are framed photos or posters of that picture, but not a collectible plate.

Any one out there know of a shop or store or any website that might have one? It's probably a long shot but here's hoping...

Thanks!

It was quite likely made at a photo lab using a picture...I'd look into it.

I used to collect a lot of memorabilia back then and don't recall ever seeing one offered, so am not of much help beyond this.

Accidents do happen and your friend likely should have had it stored a little more safely...bumping a cabinet shouldn't result in breakage if things are secured properly. However, it's really honourable that you're trying to replace it...good luck.

Do you have the name of the company that released the plate? If it's a collectable it should have the name of the company on the bottom and a number. If you can put enough of it together you should be able to pull a name off it. You can contact the company directly or search it more definitively if you know if it were for example Franklin Mint or one of the collectable plate companies. You could also search The Bradford Exchange data base for it.

Good luck! :)

I used to collect a lot of memorabilia back then and don't recall ever seeing one offered, so am not of much help beyond this.

Accidents do happen and your friend likely should have had it stored a little more safely...bumping a cabinet shouldn't result in breakage if things are secured properly. However, it's really honourable that you're trying to replace it...good luck.

• 7 months later...

I have a Pavel Bure Commemorative Plate like the one you speak of. I think I bought it way back in the day at like hallmark store or something like that. I think you might be SOL to get an original one though, but perhaps you can order a custom made one at a place like this:

http://www.discountm...CFUXhQgody3oAtA

Not sure if your friend would be happy with one made like that but may be worth a shot.

Archived