Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Anonymous should be group of the year for 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

#1 AL Nite Long

AL Nite Long

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

[link]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/17/westboro-baptist-church-hacked-anonymous-protest-newtown-shooting-victims-funerals_n_2315070.html[/link]

Anonymous Targets Westboro Baptist Church After Newtown Vigil Protest Threat

Posted Image
Anonymous has hacked the Westboro Baptist Church, revealing personal information of its members. Here, Shirley Phelps-Roper of the Westboro Baptist Church stages a protest at a school in Maryland. (NICHOLAS KAMM/AFP/Getty Images))
Members of the hacktivist group Anonymous have targeted the Westboro Baptist Church after the hate-mongering, quasi-religious group announced plans to protest a Sunday night vigil in remembrance of the Sandy Hook shooting victims, 20 of whom were just 6 and 7 years old.
On Saturday, Westboro Baptist Church spokesperson Shirley Phelps-Roper tweeted that the group would be protesting the vigil in Newtown, Conn., to "sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment."
Anonymous apparently vowed retaliation as part of #OpWestBor in a video posted to Vimeo under the handle KY Anonymous. "We will not allow you to corrupt the minds of America with your seeds of hatred," says the voice-over in the video. "We will not allow you to inspire aggression to the social factions which you deem inferior. We will render you obsolete. We will destroy you. We are coming."
On Sunday, Anonymous posted to Pastebin a list of data that it claimed belonged to Westboro members. The data included names, street addresses, phone numbers and email addresses, according to CNET.
The move was announced on @YourAnonNews, the collective's main mouthpiece on Twitter.

How is it a group like the WBC is still allowed to operate? Good on these hackers for stepping up.
Posted Image

#2 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

Ok protesting the the soldiers funerals was bad enough. Now they're protesting the vigil for the kids who were killed in the attack? I didn't even think it was possible to stoop so low. Thy are truly made out of scum. HNnNgggG I hate the swear filters so much right now.

Edited by etsen3, 18 December 2012 - 06:54 AM.

#3 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

time to take that list and start protesting idiocy outside their homes.

#4 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,230 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

Why would anyone protest a tragedy?

Sorry...I know I'm supposed to forgive and not wish ill will....but I know where I would like to see a drone land....

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

waiting.for.cdc.jpg

#5 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Homer Hall Of Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 28,389 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

I honestly don't understand why their acts of lunacy aren't considered hate speech/crimes (WBC that is)?

I'll tell you right now that if I was a parent and they showed up outside, I'd end up in jail. Anonymous is fighting the good fight here and all the power to them. Anonymous hacks them live, on the air, below. But Shirley Reaper Phelps Smith Jones is a psychopath and doesn't stop spewing long enough to realize it. May she rot in hell or wherever they send dirtbags.

Although this is being discussed elsewhere, I'll leave it open. Probably shouldn't, as these lunatics don't deserve attention and seem to revel in it, but strength in numbers when speaking out against them.

Edited by debluvscanucks, 18 December 2012 - 08:20 AM.

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

#6 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Homer Hall Of Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 28,389 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

(and someone needs to stick a potato potatto in her mouth...woman is certifiably nuts)

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

#7 UMB

UMB

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,467 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

Aha remember that troll on CDC Anonymous who came on the board and started talking about how they were going to shut down CDC lolololol

fourlogosgift3.gif

Nashville-Predators.gif

STHS + RGMG Nashville Predators GM

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as Nathan MacKinnon

#8 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

I honestly don't understand why their acts of lunacy aren't considered hate speech/crimes (WBC that is)?

I'll tell you right now that if I was a parent and they showed up outside, I'd end up in jail. Anonymous is fighting the good fight here and all the power to them. Anonymous hacks them live, on the air, below. But Shirley Reaper Phelps Smith Jones is a psychopath and doesn't stop spewing long enough to realize it. May she rot in hell or wherever they send dirtbags.

Although this is being discussed elsewhere, I'll leave it open. Probably shouldn't, as these lunatics don't deserve attention and seem to revel in it, but strength in numbers when speaking out against them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZJwSjor4hM

And these froot loops are a classic example of people hiding behind the bible and their religious BS to spout unconscionable, unjustifiable hate speech. I was finished being "shocked" by anything this group does quite a long time ago. I've actually personally gone a few rounds with a WBC member on another website...they aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, I'll tell you.
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#9 Lockout Casualty

Lockout Casualty

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

And these froot loops are a classic example of people hiding behind the bible and their religious BS to spout unconscionable, unjustifiable hate speech. I was finished being "shocked" by anything this group does quite a long time ago. I've actually personally gone a few rounds with a WBC member on another website...they aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, I'll tell you.

They hide behind the law. Most of Phelps' offspring are lawyers. And so is he.

#10 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

They hide behind the law. Most of Phelps' offspring are lawyers. And so is he.

No I had it right the first time....I believe the statement "These shootings are God punishing Connecticut for same sex marriage" tells you all you need to know. They may hide behind the law too, but it's quite obvious these cowards hide behind the bible and religion as well.
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#11 Lockout Casualty

Lockout Casualty

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

No I had it right the first time....I believe the statement "These shootings are God punishing Connecticut for same sex marriage" tells you all you need to know. They may hide behind the law too, but it's quite obvious these cowards hide behind the bible and religion as well.

I just don't see what they're hiding from behind the bible.

Edited by Lockout Casualty, 18 December 2012 - 08:35 AM.

#12 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

K...they aren't hiding FROM anything behind the bible...they are tossing around these homophobic remarks (and it's pure hate speech, let's call it what it is) and then JUSTIFYING their prejudice by invoking God here there and everywhere, like that somehow makes it ok.

Edited by Munchie Marauder, 18 December 2012 - 08:40 AM.

Posted Image

#13 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,883 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

That's what they want.......they're almost all lawyers and the provoke and then either sue for infringement of their rights, or for personal damages.

Counter protests that drown theirs out, or block their view of their target is the best bet..........the thing about free speech is that it can't just be the things you like

#14 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

they are trying to say their belief in their hate/idiocracy is justified by the bible, which it completely is not.

#15 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,418 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

they are trying to say their belief in their hate/idiocracy is justified by the bible, which it completely is not.

Isn't that what religion has become in general now.

1314_IProvo_1680x1050.jpg

#16 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,685 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

If I was able to, I would head down there with my airsoft and paintball guns and light those protesters up.

I'm sure the police and any other human being wouldn't mind. Why do I have to share the same air with people like these??

Posted Image

#17 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,774 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

Sadly anon isn't what it used to be or it might really be able to do something. Best of the best went away.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 MashedBananas

MashedBananas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,671 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

As a Christian, I can honestly say that Westboro makes me sick....... Anonymous is doing the right thing, good on them. What Westboro is doing is just wrong.
Posted Image

Sig Credit goes to Henrik Sedin

#19 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

Isn't that what religion has become in general now.

no, that's just what you are choosing to observe/what the media covers.

#20 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 35,945 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

Just another reason to hate lawyers.

suffer.gif

#21 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

Zealots and extremists, in all their forms, are scary as hell. Christian, Muslim, vegan, Conservatives,the list goes on.

Anyone who thinks they have knowledge of absolute truth is usually quite far from it.

Edited by scottiecanuck, 18 December 2012 - 10:38 AM.

#22 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

Just another reason to hate lawyers.

Until you need one, right? As in every spectrum of professionals, there are good lawyers and bad lawyers, there are good plumbers and bad plumbers, there are good grocery clerks and bad grocery clerks, there are good doctors and bad doctors, good dentists and bad dentists, good tree planters and bad tree planters........the list goes on.......

It's unfortunate that the Westboro lawyer bunch have chosen to become lawyers in order to pervert and bend the law to suit their own purposes.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#23 woot

woot

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

I don't like anonymous (they are self-righteous, entitled, and small-minded most of the time), but they are a HELL of a lot better than Westboro bunch of (censored) (censored) (censored)! Of all the dispicable acts...

#24 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,230 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

Aha remember that troll on CDC Anonymous who came on the board and started talking about how they were going to shut down CDC lolololol

The only thing that can do that is when news finally breaks of a Luongo trade.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year. 

#25 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

Hahaha, she must be one of the more stupid people in the world <3

Edited by Grammar Police, 18 December 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#26 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

My body is ready.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,464 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

Hahaha, she must be one of the more stupid person in the world <3

And yet she thinks she's right :picard:
Posted Image

#27 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,085 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

Hahaha, she must be one of the more stupid person in the world <3

huh? not nearly as stupid as that anonymous guy sounds

really embarrassing stuff

i mean, she's dumb in that extremist religious way, but he's dumb in the way that he has no idea how to speak to her

Edited by GLASSJAW, 18 December 2012 - 01:21 PM.

212e8lw.jpg

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#28 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Twitter has suspended Jones' account.

For anyone that didnt check out the link inside the article, check out this beautifully articulated stab at WBC:

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#29 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

So apparently Jones committed adultery and her child is living proof of this.

Edited by Ossi Vaananen, 18 December 2012 - 01:44 PM.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#30 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,230 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

Until you need one, right? As in every spectrum of professionals, there are good lawyers and bad lawyers, there are good plumbers and bad plumbers, there are good grocery clerks and bad grocery clerks, there are good doctors and bad doctors, good dentists and bad dentists, good tree planters and bad tree planters........the list goes on.......

It's unfortunate that the Westboro lawyer bunch have chosen to become lawyers in order to pervert and bend the law to suit their own purposes.

Good CDC'rs....bad CDC'rs....

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

waiting.for.cdc.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.