The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anonymous should be group of the year for 2012

AL Nite Long

[link]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/17/westboro-baptist-church-hacked-anonymous-protest-newtown-shooting-victims-funerals_n_2315070.html[/link]

Anonymous Targets Westboro Baptist Church After Newtown Vigil Protest Threat

s-WESTBORO-BAPTIST-CHURCH-HACKED-ANONYMOUS-SHOOTING-large.jpg?6

Anonymous has hacked the Westboro Baptist Church, revealing personal information of its members. Here, Shirley Phelps-Roper of the Westboro Baptist Church stages a protest at a school in Maryland. (NICHOLAS KAMM/AFP/Getty Images))

Members of the hacktivist group Anonymous have targeted the Westboro Baptist Church after the hate-mongering, quasi-religious group announced plans to protest a Sunday night vigil in remembrance of the Sandy Hook shooting victims, 20 of whom were just 6 and 7 years old.

On Saturday, Westboro Baptist Church spokesperson Shirley Phelps-Roper tweeted that the group would be protesting the vigil in Newtown, Conn., to "sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment."

Anonymous apparently vowed retaliation as part of #OpWestBor in a video posted to Vimeo under the handle KY Anonymous. "We will not allow you to corrupt the minds of America with your seeds of hatred," says the voice-over in the video. "We will not allow you to inspire aggression to the social factions which you deem inferior. We will render you obsolete. We will destroy you. We are coming."

On Sunday, Anonymous posted to Pastebin a list of data that it claimed belonged to Westboro members. The data included names, street addresses, phone numbers and email addresses, according to CNET.

The move was announced on @YourAnonNews, the collective's main mouthpiece on Twitter.

Ok protesting the the soldiers funerals was bad enough. Now they're protesting the vigil for the kids who were killed in the attack? I didn't even think it was possible to stoop so low. Thy are truly made out of scum. HNnNgggG I hate the swear filters so much right now.

I honestly don't understand why their acts of lunacy aren't considered hate speech/crimes (WBC that is)?

I'll tell you right now that if I was a parent and they showed up outside, I'd end up in jail. Anonymous is fighting the good fight here and all the power to them. Anonymous hacks them live, on the air, below. But Shirley Reaper Phelps Smith Jones is a psychopath and doesn't stop spewing long enough to realize it. May she rot in hell or wherever they send dirtbags.

Although this is being discussed elsewhere, I'll leave it open. Probably shouldn't, as these lunatics don't deserve attention and seem to revel in it, but strength in numbers when speaking out against them.

I honestly don't understand why their acts of lunacy aren't considered hate speech/crimes (WBC that is)?

I'll tell you right now that if I was a parent and they showed up outside, I'd end up in jail. Anonymous is fighting the good fight here and all the power to them. Anonymous hacks them live, on the air, below. But Shirley Reaper Phelps Smith Jones is a psychopath and doesn't stop spewing long enough to realize it. May she rot in hell or wherever they send dirtbags.

Although this is being discussed elsewhere, I'll leave it open. Probably shouldn't, as these lunatics don't deserve attention and seem to revel in it, but strength in numbers when speaking out against them.

And these froot loops are a classic example of people hiding behind the bible and their religious BS to spout unconscionable, unjustifiable hate speech. I was finished being "shocked" by anything this group does quite a long time ago. I've actually personally gone a few rounds with a WBC member on another website...they aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, I'll tell you.

Archived