68 replies to this topic

#31 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

WBC deserves this, I'm all for being able to do what you want within your family group, don't spread that outside of it though. Anybody who states innocent children deserve to be murdered for a state legalizing an act in which is completely fine, wow.
The thing is, if were to go out and say religion is bad, and all Churches should be burned ect, there would be death threats, my house would be vandalized, and I'd be such a bad, bad person. But when Churches go out and speak on behalf of their book, they can say whatever they want?
That's logic for ya.
Posted Image

#32 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

huh? not nearly as stupid as that anonymous guy sounds

really embarrassing stuff

i mean, she's dumb in that extremist religious way, but he's dumb in the way that he has no idea how to speak to her

You do realise that he was basically trolling the entire time...

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#33 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

I loved Anonomyous before this. I worship them now.

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

credit to CanucksHD for the avatar

#34 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,664 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Won't give two .... when a few of those WBC members get popped by a semi-automatic wielding maniac. Will they still refer to that as "God's judgment"?

Edited by hockeyville88, 18 December 2012 - 02:38 PM.
Swear filter bypass. Please review the rules.

Posted Image

#35 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,083 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

Won't give two ... when a few of those WBC members get popped by a semi-automatic wielding maniac. Will they still refer to that as "God's judgment"?

I wondered the exact same thing to be honest.
I'm sure they would, they're batcrap crazy.

Edited by hockeyville88, 18 December 2012 - 02:37 PM.

Posted Image

#36 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

Don't like WBC or Anonymous.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#37 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,083 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

Don't like WBC or Anonymous.

Neither do I, but Anonymous is still innumerably times better than WBC.
Posted Image

#38 Hockey!?

Hockey!?

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

Won't give two ... when a few of those WBC members get popped by a semi-automatic wielding maniac. Will they still refer to that as "God's judgment"?

It would be rather amusing to see their own affiliation picket their members funerals.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#39 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

#40 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,013 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

How is it a group like the WBC is still allowed to operate? Good on these hackers for stepping up.

That group is complete scum and a disgrace to real Christians.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

INFJ

#41 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,538 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

That group is complete scum and a disgrace to real Christians.

The ironic thing is though they epitomize all that is wrong with mainstream religion. Go from one to the next and you'll be told that they have the book on God all others are lost.
biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

I got kicked out of the slut walk for trying to bid on the participants.

-BananaMash

#42 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

The ironic thing is though they epitomize all that is wrong with mainstream religion. Go from one to the next and you'll be told that they have the book on God all others are lost.

Well put. Six of one, half-dozen of the other..all religions claim to be the one true religion, but I think it a bit more plausible that all of them are false rather than this being the case.
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#43 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,136 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

You do realise that he was basically trolling the entire time...

did she seemed like she cared at all? WBC _is_ the biggest troll in the _real world_ right now. do you honestly think she cared about her website being taken over for a few hours? like she said, that isn't her business. her business is to talk.

and when she was talking? she basically laughed at the dude. every time the anon dude attempted to sound smart or clever, she asserted herself over him within seconds

can't troll a troll

marge.jpg

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#44 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,538 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

[link]http://www.huffingto..._n_2315070.html[/link]

How is it a group like the WBC is still allowed to operate?

Maybe this can shed some light on that question.
I don't think they'd be tolerated up here. Seems the US is more accomadating in their interpretation of hate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHDFi3jjRJU

Edited by nucklehead, 18 December 2012 - 04:11 PM.

biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

I got kicked out of the slut walk for trying to bid on the participants.

-BananaMash

#45 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,572 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

While Im aquainted with the WBC and for the life of me I cannot digest why they do what they do and how it is within the law, what is up with these anonymous fellows?

Do they fancy themselves vigilanties or something? Batman complex?

#46 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Neither do I, but Anonymous is still innumerably times better than WBC.

Well at least WBC has the guts to do what they do in the open. Anonymous are just a bunch of scared nerds with little man syndrome hiding behind a keyboard from what I can tell.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

#47 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,931 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

Well at least WBC has the guts to do what they do in the open. Anonymous are just a bunch of scared nerds with little man syndrome hiding behind a keyboard from what I can tell.

Only you would post something like this. They hide because hacking is illegal.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#48 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

[link]http://www.huffingto..._n_2315070.html[/link]

How is it a group like the WBC is still allowed to operate? Good on these hackers for stepping up.

But it's OK for Anonymous to put up their personal info and potentially destroy their lives? What happens if some member commits suicide because of it? Should Anonymous be held responsible?

They already screwed up in the Amanda Todd case by naming people incorrectly without any retraction. Put them in danger enough that the Police had to be posted outside their houses for a while. Whats to say they didn't screw up again.

Also, why name children and grandchildren? What have they done wrong in all this?

#49 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Lol you call publicly spouting hate speech "guts"?
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#50 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

Only you would post something like this. They hide because hacking is illegal.

Hacking is a cowardly thing to do IMO not just illegal. You think if it wasn't illegal these nerds would just come out in the open? Not likely.

#51 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

Lol you call publicly spouting hate speech "guts"?

Nope. They are voicing their opinion publicly even though they know there will be significant backlash. That takes guts. Not typing from behind a keyboard all day and sneaking around in public.

#52 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Hacking is a cowardly thing to do IMO not just illegal. You think if it wasn't illegal these nerds would just come out in the open? Not likely.

Oh my god dude....I cannot fathom how you could even compare the two of these groups...WBC is FAR more of a cancer than some "hacker nerds" as you put it. Guess what buddy..."hacker nerds" or "computer geeks"...these are the kinds of people that are working network security, repairing our computers, our systems, cleaning viruses...these "nerds" serve a purpose. WBC does not.
Posted Image

#53 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

did she seemed like she cared at all? WBC _is_ the biggest troll in the _real world_ right now. do you honestly think she cared about her website being taken over for a few hours? like she said, that isn't her business. her business is to talk.

and when she was talking? she basically laughed at the dude. every time the anon dude attempted to sound smart or clever, she asserted herself over him within seconds

can't troll a troll

I seem to remember you being trolled on more than one occasion .. maybe I am thinking of someone else? .. nope .. it was you .. :rolleyes:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#54 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

Nope. They are voicing their opinion publicly even though they know there will be significant backlash. That takes guts. Not typing from behind a keyboard all day and sneaking around in public.

Um..it's UNADULTERATED HATE SPEECH....they should be jailed or at the very least given a citation...
Posted Image

#55 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Again you prove just how "Special" you can be, Eddie .. I am amazed you canna relate to Anonymous based on your accusation ..

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#56 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,931 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

I'll gladly go on any media outlet and call the WBC a bunch of small minded lunatics, as I'm sure most adults would. The difference is I'm not going to come out and incriminate myself for hacking their website, which is also a completely rational thing to do.

To call the WBC courageous and Anonymous cowards in the same breath is truly despicable. One is shouting hate messages with an entire community of like-minded, misinformed, uneducated wingnuts behind them. The other is risking potential jail time to take down an organization which only exists to promote hate.

I think you have your judgement of who is a coward and who is courageous mixed up.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#57 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Oh my god dude....I cannot fathom how you could even compare the two of these groups...WBC is FAR more of a cancer than some "hacker nerds" as you put it. Guess what buddy..."hacker nerds" or "computer geeks"...these are the kinds of people that are working network security, repairing our computers, our systems, cleaning viruses...these "nerds" serve a purpose. WBC does not.

I did not compare them. I said WBC has more guts. Which they do. I don't like WBC just as much as anyone else.

#58 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Um..it's UNADULTERATED HATE SPEECH....they should be jailed or at the very least given a citation...

Agreed. WBC should not be allowed to use hate speech in public. However my point still stands that it takes guts to go out and say what they think openly like that. Specially when they know how many people it will anger.

#59 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

I did not compare them. I said WBC has more guts. Which they do. I don't like WBC just as much as anyone else.

I believe it is more that WBC is blinded by their fervent religious lunacy, than "guts" .. there is not one thing rational about their actions, even to those who are right-wing-nuts about most common sense issues ..

#60 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Oh..you say WBC has more guts...well..sorry, you'd be wrong. Next you'll tell me the KKK has guts too. "Special" Ed indeed.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.