The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks making critical mistakes in hindsight?

Lui's Knob

He was suppost to be a big strong center, with playmaking ability, a good shot, good in the corners and a solid two way game, he also seemed to be a very complete player.

Some scouting reports of him were night day though, some projected him as a top 6 forward easily, and some projected him as a 3rd line checking center. Some had him ranked 20-30, some had him outside the top 30.

Damn, when you really look at it there are some likable things, it was a really risky pick and obivously didn't turn out.

So normally you talk about how 90% of this board is delusional and think the canucks will get every player and every player canucks is the greatest (which you aren't far off on) but now I see you keep using that as a point about gillis not getting Shultz.

So on one hand you're saying CDC is full of homers and then you're using the "homers" as a reason to hate on Gillis? Unless you're making a sarcastic point and it's an attack on the cdc homers I'm not sure what the plan here is?

De Niro referenced the fact that the Canucks have "no issues" attracting free agents. My response was that Dan Hamhuis made it very clear (after having his rights traded to 2 different teams) and obvious that he wanted to go to a specific location only - Vancouver. And if we have "no issues" attracting free agents, I'd just ask what happened with Schultz and Doan this year, both heavy targets.

Let's see if I understand:

-Keith Ballard's an amazing player that just needs to be given a chance

-Anton Rodin's an excellent prospect and we should just ignore his 1 goal in 18 games to date

-It's not a concern at all that Zack Kassian's just not scoring in the AHL like he was last year

-What Justin Schultz is doing in the AHL is unimpressive

-Cody Hodgson's stats on Vancouver were manipulated and unreliable

-Alain Vigneault should be fired

You really don't value guys who get results, do you? You defend all of these underperforming Canuck prospects to death, yet you want Alain Vigneault fired? AV has done a far better job than MG has. All that he's done since his arrival is win, besides the collapse of the team in '08 after Nonis failed to acquire any supplemental help at the deadline. AV is not the problem.

- Keith Ballard gets unfairly criticized, he had a good year last year, better than people give him credit for. He was injured and had a tough time when he first got here, but recently in the playoffs he was easily our best D-man and has really been regaining form late last year, him and Tanev should be a great 3rd pair for us.

Archived