Let's see if I understand:
-Keith Ballard's an amazing player that just needs to be given a chance
-Anton Rodin's an excellent prospect and we should just ignore his 1 goal in 18 games to date
-It's not a concern at all that Zack Kassian's just not scoring in the AHL like he was last year
-What Justin Schultz is doing in the AHL is unimpressive
-Cody Hodgson's stats on Vancouver were manipulated and unreliable
-Alain Vigneault should be fired
You really don't value guys who get results, do you? You defend all of these underperforming Canuck prospects to death, yet you want Alain Vigneault fired? AV has done a far better job than MG has. All that he's done since his arrival is win, besides the collapse of the team in '08 after Nonis failed to acquire any supplemental help at the deadline. AV is not the problem.
I'll explain it too you.
- Keith Ballard gets unfairly criticized, he had a good year last year, better than people give him credit for. He was injured and had a tough time when he first got here, but recently in the playoffs he was easily our best D-man and has really been regaining form late last year, him and Tanev should be a great 3rd pair for us.
- Anton Rodin's 8 Points in 18 Games isn't great, but when you consider that he has been in the bottom 6, and only playing every 2nd game it's not as bad as at face value. He has actually had some bright moments, he was on a line that was really rolling a while back, I think they got 4 point in 2 games or something like that and the genius Arniel broke them up. He had a rough start but was getting a bit better before the injury hopefully he can come back and do fine.
- Not really because Kassian's game is improving, he is getting better defensively and is playing better than his stats reflect. He has had like 4 Goals waved off (2 or 3 of which were terrible calls) So stats sometimes lie, and either way he is tied for 2nd on the team in scoring, and since the Wolves are really struggling this month I don't think the "Lack of scoring" only applies to him, the whole team is going through a slump and oddly enough Kass and JS have probably been the most consistent forwards on the team through it all.
- I never said it wasn't impressive, I said Garrison was a much better pick-up for us than him, and that us not getting him wasn't our 'mistake' cause there wasn't anything else we could do IMO. He is having an impressive season in the AHL right now but lets just see him do it in the NHL and maintain a solid 2-way game.
- I never said this, never even mentioned anything with Cody. I was/am actually a big Cody fan, not as much now but prior to the deal he was one of my favorite players (And had been for awhile, I didn't jump on the bandwagon I was one of the few defending him back in 09/10 & 10/11) I didn't think this was the case at all at the time, and I still don't think there was a big plan and that his ice time was completely altered but I could see us giving him an offensive zone faceoff here and there.
- Yes results, like folding like a broken tent everytime we face adversity. Lets' be 100% honest, any coach in the NHL could have made it to the finals with that team playing like they were. Everyone blames Luongo for the Hawks coming back and Boston coming back, I blame AV. Look at our team, we had no drive, no motivation. Then you see guys likie Deboer, Quinn, Bylsma, Hunter & Sutter who can get alot more out of his players with alot less to work with. AV lacks that ability to motivate, we have seen every playoff year we choke, 09 Playoffs we had a meltdown, 10 Playoffs we had a meltdown, 11 Playoffs we had a Meltdown, 12 Playoffs everyone took a vacation right before the damn thing started. You can blame the goaltenders all you want but am I the only one who sees a common theme? AV can't motivated his players, he rely's on them way to much to motivate them selves, and to pull themselves out of the dumps after a bad game but the coach has to step in and re-motivate the group, he hasn't been able to do it. He also plays favorites (Rome, Raymond) Doesn't use rookies properly IMO.
Regular season success, AV is great cause the team is a great regular season team, but in the playoffs when coaching becomes very vital, AV can't hack it. What do you want King? Another President's trophy or to make it past the 2nd Round of the playoffs?