The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks making critical mistakes in hindsight?

Lui's Knob

Dont acknowledge the fact that we have 5 prospects from last 2 drafts alone that will be in this WJC, a tournament where the best prospects from each country play each other.

Yeah, Baertschi is all I can say

As for your Jankowski argument, lol. The leader of his team is 3 points in front of him and he's a junior. Nice try.

Nice of you to slip in Schroeder even though we weren't talking about him. But anyways, Schroeder outperformed him in his first year. Goudreau is on a number 1 Boston College team; whereas Schroeder was on a lowly Gophers team in his second year. All things you have to consider when comparing two prospects past stats.

And besides that, Jenner and Grigerenko are tearing up the OHL and the Q. I think most people's list would have these guys higher than the lesser known Gaudreau.

Dont acknowledge the fact that we have 5 prospects from last 2 drafts alone that will be in this WJC, a tournament where the best prospects from each country play each other.

Yeah, Baertschi is all I can say

As for your Jankowski argument, lol. The leader of his team is 3 points in front of him and he's a junior. Nice try.

I would have paid less for Bieksa and paid Ehrhoff what he was worth.

Instead,they lowballed Ehrhoff,which they have done to other players,which means they do not understand their own players net worth to other players on the team.This is why Ehrhoff left.He was not given a reasonable offer.

Saying a player like Ehrhoff is worth what Bieksa is worth is insulting and ignorant,Of course,he walked.He was pushed out.

Gillis did it to Torres,Samuelsson and Ehrhoff and the last one was Salo.

You write novels with little substance.If you watch a lot of hockey you understand little of what you are watching.

More skill in the CHL vs more physically developed players in the NCAA. It's a different kind of game. There's a reason why the CHL is the number 1 producer of NHLer's though.

The fact that Gaudreau is 5'6" and 145 pounds means it's very unlikely he makes the NHL. This guy makes Schroeder look huge, and if people think he's gonna have a tough time making the NHL, then it's gonna be alot harder for Gaudreau.

The fact that Grigerenko and Jenner are both 6'2" and close to 200 pounds with the amount of skill they have, means the adjustment to the NHL will be much easier. Small players never get a fair shake unless they're really good.

Wotherspoon, Sieloff, Granlund and... is there anyone else?

Wotherspoon was outplayed by Corrado our guy, so I'm not sure that you can say he is better than Corrado, since he didn't earn the spot like Corrado seemed too. (Dispite Wotherspoon being a much higher pick than Corrado, I guess that just speaks to the scouting from both sides)

Sieloff hasn't made the team yet, there are still cuts to be made and I read an article yesterday from a lady covering the team that though Sieloff would be cut, in favour of the more offensive, puck moving guys like Rielly, and the two other guys that last names start with G (Can't remember how to spell, and I don't really wanna look it up)

We have had guys at the WJ too, Rodin, Schroeder, Kassian, Hodgson, Jensen, Andersson, then Polasek and Blomstand both played in the U18 tournment, so that doesn't really decide things.

I would have paid less for Bieksa and paid Ehrhoff what he was worth.

Instead,they lowballed Ehrhoff,which they have done to other players,which means they do not understand their own players net worth to other players on the team.This is why Ehrhoff left.He was not given a reasonable offer.

Saying a player like Ehrhoff is worth what Bieksa is worth is insulting and ignorant,Of course,he walked.He was pushed out.

Gillis did it to Torres,Samuelsson and Ehrhoff and the last one was Salo.

You write novels with little substance.If you watch a lot of hockey you understand little of what you are watching.

Archived