The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone interested in trying to solve the lockout?

Brick Tamland

I was thinking today that we have some pretty smart hockey minds here on this board. It might be fun to put together 2 sides, owners and players, maybe 5 or 6 per side and we can negotiate offers back and forth and try to get this resolved. We have a pretty good idea where things are at with revenues etc...

I know it would be pretty straight forward and we would likely agree on splits down the middle on most items, but I would be curious to put myself in a role and see what things really matter to me (and others on my side).

If you are interested, let me know. We could keep it online here on CDC and see where we get to.

??? my comments was in reference to the commentaries made specific to this thread made by posters and the humour employed by them. Not sure if you read the other comments on this thread. PS. this is a hypothetical scenario thrown out to the general public, not real, nothing binding nor involve millions and billions of dollars, if nothing else just for entertainment/discussion value.

How about this?

The players get back on the ice, the owners take the public's money, the players try to perform their best to get the highest compensation they can, and the GMs stay within their budgets?

/Sorry about the incomprehensible rant. I think I may have been having an acid flashback. Continue on with bickering over table scraps.

Archived