Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strombone1

MG & LG on Team 1040 - 12/19/12

21 posts in this topic

I listened to it but +1 for writing that down.

Loved the Ballard comments, absolutely true.

Also loved when he was talking about the early projections and the headline in the Sun when he got here "The losing starts now", and how they were supposed to finish in the bottom 5.

Then of the Corrado comments were great too, nice to hear from these guys in such a dark time for the NHL.

everywhere I go, people are asking if we’re going to be playing hockey soon.

I listened to it but +1 for writing that down.

Loved the Ballard comments, absolutely true.

Also loved when he was talking about the early projections and the headline in the Sun when he got here "The losing starts now", and how they were supposed to finish in the bottom 5.

Then of the Corrado comments were great too, nice to hear from these guys in such a dark time for the NHL.

... So they know when to start ignoring it.

No one asked him why the Canucks are one of only 2 teams without a single player on any team at the world juniors!! Lame and easy questions.

No one asked him why the Canucks are one of only 2 teams without a single player on any team at the world juniors!! Lame and easy questions.

Weird...me and Gillis have the exact same initials MDG. I always thought it was funny that we had the same initials for our first and last name...but it turns out we have the same middle initial as well...but I digress...

I agree with Gilman when he said Ballard hasn't gotten a fair shake with the media and in turn the fans.

I think Ballard is an important piece of the puzzle going forward and he did play well at the end of last season.

Tanev and Ballard as 5-6 D-men gives us a strong D which we'll need to go far in the playoffs (IF THERE'S A SEASON).

I agree with Gilman when he said Ballard hasn't gotten a fair shake with the media and in turn the fans.

I think Ballard is an important piece of the puzzle going forward and he did play well at the end of last season.

Tanev and Ballard as 5-6 D-men gives us a strong D which we'll need to go far in the playoffs (IF THERE'S A SEASON).

NIce to here from LG and MG. Can't wait for hockey to start January 20th!

i thought that was one of the better interviews gillis has given he actually answered the questions and gave some insight.

wish hockey GM's were as open as alex anthopoulos is with the bluejays im not sure if thats just alex or if its normal in baseball ( i dont watch it at all) but i sure learned a lot from a few interviews of alex's

LG: in the confined of closed doors I give it to Mike heavily. I think this is an exceptionally brutal hockey market. I’ve watched some mercilessly things that have been written about our players. We yearned for as much coverage back in Phoenix as here.