19 replies to this topic

#1 Sedinery22

Sedinery22

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

I find it a shame Luc Bourdon didn't even make it on this list, the guy was a workhorse on the blueline and a big part of Canada winning back to back Gold in 2006 and 2007, In the 2006 WJ, He finished the tournament leading all defencemen in scoring with six points in six games and was named to the tournament's all-star team. A total of 12 GP and 10 pts, I don't understand how he never made it to the top 40

Edited by Sedinery22, 20 December 2012 - 02:53 AM.

#2 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

Remember this is the top 40 Canadian World Juniors of all-time, so there are plenty of players that are better than Bourdon. Although I do agree that he should've made the list.
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#3 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,689 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

Where's the link, bromars?

Fine, I'll go get it.

http://www.tsn.ca/Wo...eature/?id=9803

#4 Sedinery22

Sedinery22

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

thx i couldn't figure it out

Edited by Sedinery22, 20 December 2012 - 02:54 AM.

#5 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

A lot of guys who had dismal pro careers on that list...
Jimmy Waite
Marty Murray
Martin Gendron
Jason Botterill
Justin Pogge (Leafs goalie of the future, no need for Rask, we'll trade him for Raycroft :lol: )
Dave Chyzowski (Big time bust)

Not to mention the handfull of journeymen, depth players, and backup goalies.

Edited by Jägermeister, 20 December 2012 - 02:44 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

Gah, as if I didn't need more WJC hype. This is going to be a painful 6 days till hockey is back!

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#7 PlayStation

PlayStation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,104 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

I was going to watch it on tv, but TSN decided to release the positions of Eberle, Crosby, Lindros, Gretzky, Tavares before it aired on Facebook, Twitter, and SportsCentre. Whats the point of watching then? Way to spoil it!
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#8 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,230 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

how is eberle #1? honestly, i'd put Tavares as #1, eberle much further down the list, maybe a direct swap of the 2.

#9 goalie13

goalie13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,871 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

A lot of guys who had dismal pro careers on that list...

Just goes to show you how hard it is to make the NHL. They can be the best of the best for their age group and it doesn't guarantee that they will make it at the next level.
Posted Image

#10 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,004 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

POPULAR

how is eberle #1? honestly, i'd put Tavares as #1, eberle much further down the list, maybe a direct swap of the 2.

Eberle has 26 points in only 12 games, and scored one of the most exicting goalis in World Jrs history I think he deserves his spot. Tavares has never lead the tourney or even his team in scoring, Hodgson out scored him the year he won the MVP. If anything I think Tavares was ranked too high. Hodgson with the second highest PPG total in Canadian history at only 27 seems too low to me.
"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

#11 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,948 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

WJC's is not hockey? :huh:

Surprising view from a passionate follower of prospects. I'm home in Vancouver for the first time in 4 years, and without the Canucks at least its something to follow.

Unpopular topic; watching the Canada USA game in Ottawa 4 years ago is when I became a fan of Hodgson. In comparison to Schroeder who we drafted next he clearly had a much better knack for making the right play with the puck. So many clever passes and always dangerous. Eberle benefitted a lot from playing on a line with CoHo and vice versa.

Gah, as if I didn't need more WJC hype. This is going to be a painful 6 days till hockey is back!

#12 goalie13

goalie13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,871 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

I don't think he was saying it's not hockey. I think that he was saying that the wait is killing him. His status update today was that he's PVRing the game today and would beat anyone that told him the score.
Posted Image

#13 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

I truly thought Pogge was going to have a great NHL career, sad that he got drafted to the team he did.

No surprise to me that Ebs is #1

Kinda surprised how high up Ryan Ellis is though

#14 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

I truly thought Pogge was going to have a great NHL career, sad that he got drafted to the team he did.

No surprise to me that Ebs is #1

Me too. I think TSN looked at their top 10 and thought, gee, we'd better throw a dman into the mix.

EDIT: I think that for dman they emphasized putting up points a little too much. For me, the dmen who stand out have been the shut-down guys that have gone up against the Ovechkins/Malkins/etc.

Edited by Down by the River, 20 December 2012 - 12:31 PM.

Posted Image
Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#15 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,948 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

Your probably right; and 6 days probably referred to the number of days before boxing day and puck drop (our real only Christmas this year).

So my apologies for appearing to call out someone I know is a credible contributor here... :ph34r:

I don't think he was saying it's not hockey. I think that he was saying that the wait is killing him. His status update today was that he's PVRing the game today and would beat anyone that told him the score.

#16 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

I don't know, 25 points in 19 games, 3 appearances with 3 medals, captain in '11, all-time WJC D-man assist leader, and a Top Defencemans award to boot?
He was dynamite all 3 years he played, with the exception of Lindros, nobody else could make that claim.

Edited by Jägermeister, 20 December 2012 - 02:01 PM.

Posted Image

#17 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

Eberle has 26 points in only 12 games, and scored one of the most exicting goalis in World Jrs history I think he deserves his spot. Tavares has never lead the tourney or even his team in scoring, Hodgson out scored him the year he won the MVP. If anything I think Tavares was ranked too high. Hodgson with the second highest PPG total in Canadian history at only 27 seems too low to me.

Don't forget his contribution in this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km_2gcHLD4c

Edited by marleau_12, 20 December 2012 - 04:03 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Surprising view from a passionate follower of prospects. I'm home in Vancouver for the first time in 4 years, and without the Canucks at least its something to follow.

I meant with all the hype it makes me more anxious to watch some live hockey! Especially the world juniors, talk about an even playing field on a world stage, doesn't get any better than that.

In other words I was stressing that all the hype is getting me more excited. Screw Christmas, I can't wait till the WJC!

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#19 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,689 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

Still haven't gotten over the CoHo trade and being reminded of how well he has played for Canada stings.

#20 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Might as well add Nugent-Hopkins to the list right now
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.