The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN's Top 40 Canadian WJHC Players

Sedinery22

I find it a shame Luc Bourdon didn't even make it on this list, the guy was a workhorse on the blueline and a big part of Canada winning back to back Gold in 2006 and 2007, In the 2006 WJ, He finished the tournament leading all defencemen in scoring with six points in six games and was named to the tournament's all-star team. A total of 12 GP and 10 pts, I don't understand how he never made it to the top 40

A lot of guys who had dismal pro careers on that list...

Jimmy Waite

Marty Murray

Martin Gendron

Jason Botterill

Justin Pogge (Leafs goalie of the future, no need for Rask, we'll trade him for Raycroft :lol: )

Dave Chyzowski (Big time bust)

Not to mention the handfull of journeymen, depth players, and backup goalies.

WJC's is not hockey? :huh:

Surprising view from a passionate follower of prospects. I'm home in Vancouver for the first time in 4 years, and without the Canucks at least its something to follow.

Unpopular topic; watching the Canada USA game in Ottawa 4 years ago is when I became a fan of Hodgson. In comparison to Schroeder who we drafted next he clearly had a much better knack for making the right play with the puck. So many clever passes and always dangerous. Eberle benefitted a lot from playing on a line with CoHo and vice versa.

Gah, as if I didn't need more WJC hype. This is going to be a painful 6 days till hockey is back!

Your probably right; and 6 days probably referred to the number of days before boxing day and puck drop (our real only Christmas this year).

So my apologies for appearing to call out someone I know is a credible contributor here... :ph34r:

I don't think he was saying it's not hockey. I think that he was saying that the wait is killing him. His status update today was that he's PVRing the game today and would beat anyone that told him the score.

Eberle has 26 points in only 12 games, and scored one of the most exicting goalis in World Jrs history I think he deserves his spot. Tavares has never lead the tourney or even his team in scoring, Hodgson out scored him the year he won the MVP. If anything I think Tavares was ranked too high. Hodgson with the second highest PPG total in Canadian history at only 27 seems too low to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived