(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#2 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

Arkham City GOTY edition for $7.50? YA I'LL TAKE IT!

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#3 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,705 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

I prefer GOG.com to Steam. Older games that I know are good, usually for $5

#4 Bork Laser

Bork Laser

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,121 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

I prefer GOG.com to Steam. Older games that I know are good, usually for $5

Well you are an old man after all. GOG.com on the other hand, got Duke Nukem Forever for free.

formyhunny.gif

Credit to Twilight Sparkle

#5 Hat Trick Maker

Hat Trick Maker

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

The pricing so far has been disappionting. Some of the regular daily deals were better.

EDIT: Ahem, I just want to mention that there are some game bundle going for a very great price right now. The games were published by a company that introduced memes like "arrow in the knee" and "fus ro dah". Unfortunately, I cannot tell you more, Google (MOD: NO ADVERTISING) no...I mean some search engine is your friend.

Edited by Hat Trick Maker, 22 December 2012 - 12:37 AM.

#6 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

I agree. the sales have been very lackluster...

#7 Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

I agree. the sales have been very lackluster...

Agreed. Although it might have something to do with having already purchased the games from an earlier sale and/or waiting for newer games to reach an even lower price. I want to get hitman but not for 25, and farcry 3 isn't even on sale.
Posted Image

#8 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:31 AM

Agreed. Although it might have something to do with having already purchased the games from an earlier sale and/or waiting for newer games to reach an even lower price. I want to get hitman but not for 25, and farcry 3 isn't even on sale.

I know the steam sales and all give insane offers, but I don't think you should expect a AAA game that's barely a month old to go more than 50% off. It may, but $25 off is a decent enough deal. And Far Cry 3 isn't even 3 weeks old yet, so it's inclusion is unlikely unless you're lucky.

Other games will be getting the 75+% off deals instead, but I would agree that it has been lackluster so far. I have a problem where I already own the few good games they've tried to discount off.

For all the AAA titles you may be looking at, you have to note the starting point for the prices. 66% of $60 means you still have to pay $20. If you're looking for better, you'll have to wait for flash sales and all and you might get something better there.
But even games like Max Payne 3 start at $60, so you know, the pickings are kind of slim for material you want to become bargain bin.

My guess is that Darksiders 2 and Spec Ops: The Line will be the primary newer AAA titles that get shoveled out over this sale period (as they're both older, and have that lower starting price point.)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#9 Hat Trick Maker

Hat Trick Maker

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

That and fewer AAA releases contribute to the problem. But what affects the most for me is that there are competitors simply offering better deals. For example, Dead Island GOTY costs you $6.79 as a Steam daily deal right now but it's been selling for $5.99 on Amazon for a while. Sure, it's only an ¢80 difference and Steam has more game selections than everybody else, but stingy customers will have no trouble making up their mind. Besides, many recent PC releases can or must be activated on Steam regardless of where they are bought. Speaking of Amazon, they are going to discount Hitman: Resolutions to $20 and Professional Edition to $30 between Dec 30 and Jan 5. Keep that in mind if you're interested. But I wouldn't be surprised if Steam matched it in advance.

Also, I was lucky enough to get a Bethesda bundle that includes Skyrim, Dishonored, Fallout 3 GOTY, Fallout NV Ultimate Edition, Rage, Brink Complete, Doom BFG, Oblivion GOTY, Morrowind GOTY and 2 crappy games for an insane price of $28 on Friday. All of them can be activated on Steam. The vendor (GamersGate) claims it was a price error, but they do that all the time to attract customers. So that was probably one of the greatest gaming deals in years.

Posted Image

Posted Image

:bigblush:

EDIT: The deal has expired, so I'm not advertising. Thank you mods.

Edited by Hat Trick Maker, 23 December 2012 - 09:18 AM.

#10 Hat Trick Maker

Hat Trick Maker

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

I know the steam sales and all give insane offers, but I don't think you should expect a AAA game that's barely a month old to go more than 50% off. It may, but $25 off is a decent enough deal. And Far Cry 3 isn't even 3 weeks old yet, so it's inclusion is unlikely unless you're lucky.

Amazon UK just slashed the price of FC3 in half from £39 to £22. So anything is possible.

#11 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

I would've jumped on that Bethesda deal so hard if any of those games interested me.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is only $12.00 right now. I suggest everyone to take a look at it. Definitely one of my best buys of the year.

Edited by (>'-')>, 23 December 2012 - 03:17 PM.

#12 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,132 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

A bunch of steals on there. Was Diablo 3 on sale though? I hope not, I feel like a sucker for paying store price otherwise. Hitman was on the steam sale; why my brother didn't purchase it considering he wants it I'll never know.
Posted Image

#13 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

A bunch of steals on there. Was Diablo 3 on sale though? I hope not, I feel like a sucker for paying store price otherwise. Hitman was on the steam sale; why my brother didn't purchase it considering he wants it I'll never know.

Screw Diablo. Get Torchlight II. MUCH better, and a lot cheaper.

#14 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,132 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Screw Diablo. Get Torchlight II. MUCH better, and a lot cheaper.

Never even heard of that ._.

Then again I only stick to a few games.

... And it's too late. He's opened it and EB won't take it back LOL
Posted Image

#15 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

Never even heard of that ._.

Then again I only stick to a few games.

... And it's too late. He's opened it and EB won't take it back LOL

bro. You gotta expand your game knowledge. There are so many "indie" games that are 2x cheaper, and most of the time a lot better. You'll save loads of money in the long run.

Torchlight II is one of the best examples of that.

#16 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,132 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

bro. You gotta expand your game knowledge. There are so many "indie" games that are 2x cheaper, and most of the time a lot better. You'll save loads of money in the long run.

Torchlight II is one of the best examples of that.

I use to game a lot more but I've got a lot other shiz going on now. Don't have the time or the interest in playing a butt load of games. I just stick to a few games: Skyrim, Hockey Manager. Use to be hardcore Call of Duty UO and #2, Age of Empires online.

I will at least check it out Torchlight.

I'm also not a fan of D3 by the looks of it -- very cartoonish. It looks like they went the way of Guild Wars (which I also use to play daily) and WoW
Posted Image

#17 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,405 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

Diablo 3 gets such ridiculous hate around here.

If you think D3 looks cartoonish, don't bother with Torchlight. It looks like a cartoon literally.

People overrate Torchlight's customization aspect way, way too much. As someone who owns both, I've played a handful of hours of Torchlight 2, but return to D3 regularly for farming and loot hunting (level 60: paragon 21 at this point), and regularly search for gear/build improvements. Even found some boots the other day that I was able to sell for 100m in the Auction House.

Torchlight, on the other hand, doesn't require an internet connection (...so?), lets you decorate your anime character a bit more, and has a lot of loot that nobody cares about, because nobody plays the game (judging by the underwhelming Steam stats)

If you want a gear/loot based game, D3 is the way to go, despite what the vocal D2 community would have you believe.

rsz_mad_men.jpg

le temps restitué

#18 Spoderman

Spoderman

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

Got Garry's Mod for 2.50, Sleeping Dogs and Chivalry at 17 each.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Credit to BananaMash for both

STHS GM Anaheim Ducks

#19 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

Diablo 3 gets such ridiculous hate around here.

If you think D3 looks cartoonish, don't bother with Torchlight. It looks like a cartoon literally.

People overrate Torchlight's customization aspect way, way too much. As someone who owns both, I've played a handful of hours of Torchlight 2, but return to D3 regularly for farming and loot hunting (level 60: paragon 21 at this point), and regularly search for gear/build improvements. Even found some boots the other day that I was able to sell for 100m in the Auction House.

Torchlight, on the other hand, doesn't require an internet connection (...so?), lets you decorate your anime character a bit more, and has a lot of loot that nobody cares about, because nobody plays the game (judging by the underwhelming Steam stats)

If you want a gear/loot based game, D3 is the way to go, despite what the vocal D2 community would have you believe.

trust me D3 deserves the hate it gets it took everything that made D2 great and threw it in the garbage spent all their time on the real money auction house and they were done they got our money and now it sits on my computer gathering dust i actually reinstalled D2 to play it again and you know what it still holds up even today good luck having that longevity out of D3 unless they make drastic changes

#20 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

So Farcry 3 is for $37.49 at the moment... Should I buy it, or wait till another sale, and hope it goes for $29.99...

God I'm cheap...

Edit: Am I seeing things are is it cheaper to buy each Farcry game individually than the pack?

$42.47 if I add each game to my cart individually, and $49.99 if I buy the pack.

Edited by (>'-')>, 30 December 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#21 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,320 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

I doubt Farcry 3 will go lower than $37.50, Skyrims been out a year and it only got to $30 on steam.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#22 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

I doubt Farcry 3 will go lower than $37.50, Skyrims been out a year and it only got to $30 on steam.

Yeah. I just bought the entire Farcry franchise for $44.00

No regrets. Easily one of the best games of 2012, next to Borderlands 2.

So far I've bought Farcry franchise, and Terraria.

Thinking of getting Crysis franchise.

#23 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

i was very good this sale could be i have now a total of 89 games from steam so other then new games coming out i have most of what they have to offer

the final damage was assassins creed 3 deluxe edition at 59.99 almost bought the ubisoft package but i already had purchased the other assassins creed games before

however the more i look at the offers steam give during these sales im almost better off waiting anywhere from 3-6 months before buying a game since usually it seems to go on sale anywhere from 25-75 percent off it still baffles me how they can do this

#24 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

Pretty good sale I thought. I picked up around 4-5 games

g3HKFnX.png

#25 Systemaddict

Systemaddict

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:50 AM

Pretty good sale I thought. I picked up around 4-5 games

Nice. I found this years sale was the worst in the last 4 years. Less deals overall - perhaps publishers have started to keep deals to themselves.

The big thing for me - I found GamersGate and Amazon had better deals, most of which you could activate on Steam.

Dark Souls PC was 19.99 on steam during the daily deal. I grabbed it off amazon for 12.99 a week earlier. Bunch of deals like that. But - I nabbed some smaller games anyway.

#26 NHL2010er

NHL2010er

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

Grabbed a couple of games that seem interesting, I got the mount and blade collection even though I had fire & sword, but it was cheaper in a package then buying all plus dlc separately. Natural selection 2, I haven't tried it yet. Most of the games I even buy I haven't tried. Plus like 24 other games that were on sale.

Posted Image
"Our lives improve only when we take chances - and the first and most difficult risk we can take is to be honest with ourselves."
- Walter Anderson

Social Media
Posted ImagePosted Image
Machinima Sports Director & YouTube Partner under NHL2010er, PC Gamer & Steam customer under TheNoobWar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.