The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Music of 2013

coleman26

i assumed i had everything modest mouse has done, but i heard the fruit that ate itself today and its blowing my mind

i assumed i had everything modest mouse has done, but i heard the fruit that ate itself today and its blowing my mind

its a great album, really underrated in their catalogue. I hope they come out with something new this year.

i checked out the pissed jeans. it's funny music, but i can't get too seriously into it. really digging Iceage though. one of the most fitting band names ever, their music sounds COLD as hell to me.

so many good shows coming to vancouver soon. tame impala, kurt vile, unknown mortal orchestra with foxygen, phoenix with mac demarco, local natives, toro y moi.

Yeah, I just finished Pissed Jeans and I wasn't a fan. The vocals were jarring after a while, and the music seemed quite one-dimensional

Def going to that Tame Impala show, and Kurt Vile is playing with The One and Onlys... that should be a great show.

Def going to that Tame Impala show, and Kurt Vile is playing with The One and Onlys... that should be a great show.

yeah i grabbed Tame Impala tickets the other day, i'm really excited. they seem like one of the most interesting live bands out there right now, they did such a great job on Jools Holland.

March 5

Luke Bryan- 'Spring Break...Here To Party'

Ashley Monroe- 'Like A Rose'

March 19

Kacey Musgraves- 'Same Trailer Different Park'

Thomas Rhett- 'Thomas Rhett'

March 26

Alan Jackson- 'Precious Memories 2'

Blake Shelton- 'Based On A True Story...'

Thompson Square- 'Just Feels Good'

April 9

Brad Paisley- 'Wheelhouse'

Eric Church- 'Caught In The Act' (Live)

April 30

Kenny Chesney- 'Life On A Rock'

^ my mom used to listen to a lot of country when i was in like elementary and middle school (5-10 years ago) and those were the same dudes that were famous. alan jackson, kenny chesney, blake shelton, brad paisley. is there like an indie new country scene, or is it just some people score major label deals and stay famous forever?

I have a soft spot for Luke Bryan :bigblush:

Ever since I went to Merritt last summer I've slowly started listening to some country / new country. Some of it's alright. That new album of his is just all his EPs combined plus 2 extra songs. I'll probs give it a listen.

really? iceage's vocals are my fav part about the band. probably the only reason i enjoyed the new album. that dude has a unique voice though, so i could understand why it could be off-putting

they remind me to much of the bland indie stuff they always play on the radio around here, the maccabees or whatever. i probably should give their debut another listen though.

Archived