The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Music of 2013

coleman26

Today I listened to Everything Everything's Arc album. I like the originality...but it's too all over the place. There's a fine line between being new and enthralling and just being a cluttered mess. Every song sounds fantastic at the beginning, and pretty much loses me at the halfway point.

had the exact opposite reaction in my listening. strongly disliked most songs at the start, then grew to love them as they went. kemosabe especially

Maybe I'll feel different after multiple listens. Kemosabe was my favourite track too.

Back to Nick Cave - We Real Cool is pure concentrated awesome.

pitchfork keeps trashing Thom Yorke stuff, their attitude seems to be "try harder! make more ambitious stuff!"

they basically want the album to sound like afp live. which to be honest i prefer, but i still really like the new album even if it is essentially an eraser follow up.

re-listened to that Mac DeMarco album from last year, called "2." And now I can't stop listening to it.

god, it's so good. such chilled out summer music. loooove it.

shoulda been in my top 10, easily. PLUS he's a local boy.

After listening to Youth Lagoon's Wondrous Bughouse a few times now, I'm really digging it. At first, I thought it was good but didn't think it compared to The Year of Hibernation. I have definitely changed my mind now though. Wish I could comment more about the individual songs but I've only listened to it without simultaneously looking at the track listing.

Going to have to check out mac demarco now since this is the second time I've heard (seen?) somebody rave about him.

Archived