The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Music of 2013

coleman26

i watched the "here comes the night time" short film for the first time today.

if you haven't....do it!

spectacular performances of some of the hits off the record, and cameos from 10 or so really funny/famous people (bill hader, zach galafindtrhidthas, bono, michael cera, franco, aziz and more!)

sometimes i listen to an old song and i think it is literally a pinnacle of music

here is an example of that.

i mean, honestly, is there a better pop song than this? amazing lyrics, timeless melody, and seeing that coked out Elvis flail around on stage is both beautiful and depressing at the same time

oh dude, late elvis doing his emotional/spiritual stuff in Vegas is one of my favourite things.

crazy how Foxygen ripped the chorus of "on blue mountain" straight from suspicious minds.

his performance (maybe from this same concert) of An American Trilogy is absolutely insane. GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH! HIS TRUTH IS MARCHING OOOOONNNN

lol @ the new Black Flag album

a few good hooks in there, some good/chaotic guitar work in there. Ginn has something left in the tank

unfortunately the lyrics are so embarrassing and awful and the production isn't great.

silly, but still better than what i expected and worth a listen for any punk fans

Listened to the new Pearl Jam album about five times this morning.

There is still no hook catching me. Hope I find something I like off of it before the concert in a few weeks.

my brother has seen them a few times and says its usually just a greatest hits type thing, i wouldn't worry about it

my brother has seen them a few times and says its usually just a greatest hits type thing, i wouldn't worry about it

not true. Ive seen them live several times, and whats so great about them live is you never know what youre going to get, and they reach into their entire back catalogue. They also change their set lists show to show (order and songs). Whatever the case, theres always something for everybody as they put on long shows (usually about 3 hours), and will throw in many deep cuts and many classics.

well, i'm pretty sure all of my brother's PJ concert experiences were pre-2006, come to think of it. i'm sure the set lists back then were far more appealing to him

would be for me too, their first 5 albums are brilliant (yield being my favorite). Their last three, including the new one, does very little for me.

really enjoying the new Bill Callahan - Dream River

intimate acoustic americana. solid album

Bill_Callahan.jpg

wasn't feeling this after my first listen tonight, which is a let down, as i really enjoyed his previous album Apocalypse.

maybe it'll grow on me

still haven't managed to get my hands on the new self-titled Bonnie Prince Billy record, either. anyone... know where to find it ... ?

Man, I used to LOVE Pearl Jam, back in my teen years. My first concert ever was their No Code concert in Seattle (when they were fighting Ticketmaster).

Then I discovered David Bowie and Tom Waits. After that PJ just sounded a bit dull and boring. Why so serious, Eddie?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived